Study Guides for the Battery 473 Exam!
1. The author is a recognized expert at preparing candidates for civil service examinations, with more than 25 years experience.
2. This NEW book is specifically designed for the NEW Postal 473E test which is now administered on the computer.
3. The new process of applying for the 473E test is detailed in a simple and clear manner, with useful links to the USPS web site provided.
4. The positions for which this test applies are listed and described.
5. All the sections of the test are explained, with useful hints, samples, and exercises.
6. The book provides 7 complete practice exams to help you sharpen up for the content of the exam.
The all-new sixth-edition of Post Office Jobs provides an overview of what jobs are available, including many that don’t require written tests and how to apply for them. You will also find a comprehensive 473/473E study guidewith helpful test-taking strategies that could dramatically improve many applicant’s exam scores. Seven other sample postal exams are included in this new edition for maintenance, clerical, technician, and other major occupations.
Most limit their job search to mail carrier and clerk positions and are unaware of the many other career opportunities that the postal service offers. Even with mail carriers and clerks making up over 50% of the workforce the postal service still employs hundreds of thousands in other occupations. They employ 30,000 building and equipment maintenance workers, 5,000 vehicle maintenance employees, thousands of motor vehicle operators, postal inspectors, accountants, administrative staff, human resource personnel, and professionals across a broad spectrum of fields.
Post Office Jobs is the only post office career guide that includes a comprehensive 473/473E exam study guide, sample exam questions for 7 other careers, and job descriptions for the top 24 occupations. It provides guidance on how to explore alternative civil service occupations and includes a chapter on how to apply for postal inspector positions. Nancy Ledgerwood, our editor, worked for the postal service for 22 years. She provided an insider’s perspective of their eCareer recruiting system and testing processes.