Study Guides for the SAT Exam!
This completely revised edition reflects all of the new question types that will appear on the NEW SAT, scheduled to be administered in Spring 2016. This book contains:
- A diagnostic test and four full-length practice tests with all questions answered and explained
- An overview of the SAT, an explanation of the test's scoring method, and study advice
- Test-taking tactics for the exam as a whole, and special strategies for each part of the test
- Subject reviews covering all of the sections on the new test
- Detailed instruction in writing the optional SAT essay
- An optional CD-ROM that features additional full-length practice exams with automatic scoring and fully explained answers.
- Extra practice and review in all math topics
- Detailed discussion and examples of the new types of math problems
- Upper-level vocabulary lists to bring students' word power up to college standards
- Comprehensive answer explanations for every question in the book
- A complete SAT test
- 8 realistic full-length practice tests for the New SAT with detailed answer explanations and score conversion tables
- More than 450 math Grid-Ins and Multiple-Choice questions
- More than 400 Evidence-Based Reading questions
- More than 350 Writing and Language questions
- 8 essay prompts, complete with model essays and a self-grading guide
- Detailed explanations written by test experts to help you determine your strengths and weaknesses and improve your performance.
Kaplan SAT Writing Workbook provides everything students need to conquer the Writing section of the SAT. This targeted guide includes in-depth coverage of all pertinent SAT writing information as well as effective score-raising strategies for building speed and accuracy from SAT writing experts. Not only does this tool contain everything a student needs to conquer the Writing section of the exam, it also provides key information about the SAT in general, such as Kaplan’s methods for answering multiple-choice questions and more.
Kaplan SAT Writing Workbook contains many essential and unique features to help improve test scores, including:
- Three realistic writing tests with detailed answer explanations covering all parts of the SAT Writing section
- Effective score-raising methods and strategies for building speed and accuracy
- Tips for tackling all writing question types from SAT experts
- A comprehensive glossary
- Think like the SAT
- Master insider math tricks
- Remember the 13 most important grammar rules
- Hone their speed and timing
- Be a better guesser (and why it’s always better to guess)
- Vanquish anxiety and improve concentration
- Best fill in the answer circles, saving nearly six minutes
- Unwind with SAT Yoga
With thousands of students taking the SAT, the right test prep program can make all the difference between getting into the dream college or settling for less. Dr. Gary Gruber's method can make that difference for every student. Praised as "the most prominent guru of SAT prep" (Chicago Tribune), Gruber offers an exclusive method for proven SAT success and learning that sticks!
- The strongest math section of any guide on the market
- 5 full-length practice tests
- World's shortest SAT practice test with expanded explanations
Techniques That Actually Work.
- Powerful tactics to help you avoid traps and beat the New SAT
- Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
- Essential strategies to help you work smarter, not harder
The Changes You Need to Know for a High Score.
- Hands-on exposure to the new four-choice format and question types, including multi-step problems, passage-based grammar questions, and student-produced responses
- Valuable practice with complex reading comprehension passages as well as higher-level math problems
- Up-to-date information on the New SAT so you know what to expect on test day
Practice That Gets You to Excellence.
- 6 full-length practice tests (4 in the book, 2 online) that are fully aligned with the redesigned exam
- Drills for each new test section—Reading, Writing and Language, and Math
- Detailed answer explanations for every practice question