Study Guides for the MCAT Exam!
Completely revised and expanded for the 2015 MCAT, Barron's New MCAT test prep manual with enclosed CD-ROM provides test takers with an in-depth, easy-to-use science review and a set of often-neglected but critical strategies for test taking that cover timing, test anxiety, scientific problem solving, and critical analysis and reasoning. These strategies have been developed by the book's team of authors, based on their many years of hands-on MCAT training experience. The new edition's highlights include:
- Expanded science review chapters that specifically cover test topics as recommended by the AAMC and are designed to give students an understanding of concepts rather than merely presenting facts for them to memorize.
- Comprehensive review of the new content areas--Biochemistry, Psychology, and Sociology--as they will be tested on the new MCAT
- Practice MCAT tests that have been carefully designed to represent the specific patterns of actual MCAT questions and passages
- A comprehensive, multi-month study plan
Practice Your Way to Perfection
- Access to 4 full-length MCAT practice exams & answer explanations online
- Targeted freestanding practice questions and practice passages at the end of every content review chapter
- Expert content reviews & drills for all MCAT 2015 topics
This book includes:
- Up-to-date test information and restructured exams that incorporate the 2013 changes to the MCAT
- Four full-length practice tests, including two new computer-based exams
- Detailed answer explanations for every question in all practice tests
- Five full chapters of strategies, covering each major section of the test
MCAT Flashcards + App is the definitive source for coverage of the terms, definitions, and concepts on the new MCAT 2015 exam, including:
- 230 Behavioral Sciences terms, definitions, and concepts, from parts of the brain to health disparities.
- 187 Biochemistry terms, definitions, and concepts, from protein folding to inborn errors of metabolism.
- 247 Biology terms, definitions, and concepts, from anatomy to evolution.
- 143 General Chemistry terms, definitions, and concepts, from atomic structure to thermochemistry.
- 90 Organic Chemistry terms, definitions, and concepts, from carboxylic acid derivatives to spectroscopy.
- 103 Physics terms, definitions, and concepts, from Newtonian mechanics to nuclear phenomena.