Study Guides for the MCTS 70-642 Exam!
Covers the critical information you need to know to score higher on your 70-642 Exam!
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and services
- Work efficiently with Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Manage advanced server features such as Server Core and Hyper-V
- Configure routing, including RIP and OSPF-based routing
- Secure networks with firewalls, policies, IPSec, authentication, Network Access Protection, and the Baseline Security Analyzer
- Configure DNS servers, zones, records, replication, and client computer name resolution
- Manage remote access, from NAT and VPNs to RRAS and RADIUS services
- Implement secure wireless access using SSID, WEP, WPA, WPA2, and group policies
- Configure file and print services, including disk quotas, DFS, and EFS
- Establish efficient automated backups and manage restores
- Monitor network performance and events
- Streamline updates with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
Fully updated for Windows Server 2008 R2! Ace your preparation for the skills measured by Exam 70-642 - and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce and apply your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Deploy and configure DHCP servers, DNS servers, and DNS zones
- Implement Ipsec, Windows Firewall, and Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Plan and manage Windows Server Update Services
- Manage file and print services in Windows Server 2008 R2
- Enable remote and wireless access, including DirectAccess
- Monitor and troubleshoot network performance