Study Guides for the MCTS 70-640 Exam!
Fully updated for Windows Server 2008 R2! Ace your preparation for the skills measured by Exam 70-640 - and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce and apply your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Deploy or upgrade domain controllers, domains, and forests for Windows Server 2008 R2
- Manage user accounts and groups with Windows PowerShell
- Implement Group Policy; configure software and security settings
- Configure DNS settings and zones
- Manage authentication
- Plan and manage Active Directory replication
- Monitor and ensure availability of directory services
MCTS candidates will manage network services and resources such as messaging, a database, file and print, a proxy server, a firewall, the Internet, an intranet, remote access, and client computer management.
In addition MCTS candidates must understand connectivity requirements such as connecting branch offices and individual users in remote locations to the corporate network and connecting corporate networks to the Internet.
- Designed to help newcomers to Microsoft certification study for and pass MCTS exam for Active Directory on their way to MCITP certification
- THE independent source of exam day tips, techniques, and warnings not available from Microsoft
- Comprehensive study guide guarantees 100% coverage of all Microsoft's exam objectives
- Interactive FastTrack e-learning modules help simplify difficult exam topics
- Two full-function ExamDay practice exams guarantee double coverage of all exam objectives
- 1000 page "DRILL DOWN" reference for comprehensive topic review
Covers the critical information you’ll need to know to score higher on Exam 70-640!
- Utilize new features of Windows Server 2008 related to Active Directory
- Install and configure Active Directory forests and domains
- Plan and implement an Organizational Unit structure
- Plan and manage Active Directory infrastructure components, such as operations masters, global catalogs, read-only domain controllers, and sites
- Plan, implement, and manage Active Directory using Group Policy
- Plan and manage Active Directory roles, including Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services, Active Directory Rights Management Services, and Active Directory Federation Services
- Deploy software in Active Directory using Group Policy
- Utilize Active Directory features to manage users and groups
- Back up and restore Active Directory, and rebuild an Active Directory domain controller from backup
- Deploy and manage a public key infrastructure using Active Directory Certificate Services