Study Guides for the MCSA 70-411 Exam!
Microsoft's new version of the MCSA certification for Windows Server 2012 R2 requires passing three exams (or one Upgrade exam if you have your MCSA or MCITP in Windows Server 2008). This value-priced study guide includes more than 1,000 pages of quality exam-prep content, covering 100% of the objective domains of all three exams (as well as the Upgrade exam, 70-417).
In addition, you get access to an interactive practice test environment with more than 500 questions, electronic flashcards, and videos showing how to perform the more difficult tasks. Both first-time MCSA candidates and those wishing to upgrade from Server 2008 certification will benefit from this complete test-prep guide.
- Completely updated to cover the Windows Server 2012 R2 Exams
- Provides a comprehensive study guide for all three MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 exams: 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412, as well as the Upgrade exam: 70-417
- Covers installing and configuring Windows Server 2012; deploying and configuring DNS service; administering Active Directory; creating and managing Group Policy Objects; and configuring server roles and features, Hyper-V, and core networking services
- Explains basic networking concepts, DHCP, deploying and maintaining servers, configuring a network policy server infrastructure and high availability in Windows Server 2012, and much more
- Features real-world scenarios, hands-on exercises, practice exam questions, electronic flashcards, and over an hour of video demonstrations
- Covers all exam objectives
- Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Managing User and Service Accounts
- Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
- Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
- Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
- Optimizing File Services
- Increasing File System Security
- Implementing Update Management
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-411 - and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of administering Windows Server 2012 R2. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSA level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
- Deploy, manage, and maintain servers
- Configure file and print services
- Configure network services and access
- Configure a Network Policy Server (NPS) infrastructure
- Configure Active Directory
- Configure and manage Group Policy
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
- Organizes its coverage by objectives.
- Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge candidates.
- Assumes you have experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 core infrastructure.
Exam 70- 411 Administering Windows Server 2012 R2 hands-on guide is written with the Microsoft’s official 70-411 exam objectives (Including Windows Server 2012 R2). It covers the following objectives assessed in the exam:
- Chapter 1: Deploy, Manage and Maintain Servers: Covers “Deploy and manage server images”, “Implement Patch Management (Windows Server Update Service)” and “Monitor servers (Windows Server Performance Monitor)”
- Chapter 2: Configure File and Print Services: Covers “Configure Distributed File System (DFS)”, “Configure File Server Resource Manager (FSRM)”, “Configure file and disk encryption (BitLocker encryption)”, “Configure Advanced Audit Policies”
- Chapter 3: Configure Network Services and Access: Covers “Configure DNS Zones”, “Configure DNS Records”, “Configure VPN and Routing”, “Configure DirectAccess”
- Chapter 4: Configure a Network Policy Server Infrastructure: Covers “Configure Network Policy Server (NPS)”, “Configure NPS policies”, “Configure Network Access Protection (NAP)”
- Chapter 5: Configure and Manage Active Directory: Covers “Configure Service Authentication“, “Configure Domain Controllers”, “Maintain Active Directory”, “Configure Account Policies”
- Chapter 6: Configure and Manage Group Policy: Covers “Configure Group Policy Processing “, “Configure Group Policy Settings”, “Manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs)”, “Configure Group Policy Preferences”