Guides for the MCSA Windows Server 2012 Exam!
Microsoft's new version of the MCSA certification for Windows Server 2012 R2 requires passing three exams (or one Upgrade exam if you have your MCSA or MCITP in Windows Server 2008). This value-priced study guide includes more than 1,000 pages of quality exam-prep content, covering 100% of the objective domains of all three exams (as well as the Upgrade exam, 70-417).
In addition, you get access to an interactive practice test environment with more than 500 questions, electronic flashcards, and videos showing how to perform the more difficult tasks. Both first-time MCSA candidates and those wishing to upgrade from Server 2008 certification will benefit from this complete test-prep guide.
- Completely updated to cover the Windows Server 2012 R2 Exams
- Provides a comprehensive study guide for all three MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 exams: 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412, as well as the Upgrade exam: 70-417
- Covers installing and configuring Windows Server 2012; deploying and configuring DNS service; administering Active Directory; creating and managing Group Policy Objects; and configuring server roles and features, Hyper-V, and core networking services
- Explains basic networking concepts, DHCP, deploying and maintaining servers, configuring a network policy server infrastructure and high availability in Windows Server 2012, and much more
- Features real-world scenarios, hands-on exercises, practice exam questions, electronic flashcards, and over an hour of video demonstrations
- Covers all exam objectives
Fully updated for Windows Server 2012 R2! Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-410 - and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of implementing and configuring core services in Windows Server 2012 R2. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical thinking and decision making acumen needed for success at the MCSA level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
- Install and configure servers
- Configure server roles and features
- Configure Hyper-V
- Deploy and configure core network services
- Install and administer Active Directory
- Create and manage Group Policy
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
- Organizes its coverage by exam objectives.
- Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you.
The study guide helps you master all the topics on the MCSA 70-410 exam, including the following:
Installing and configuring Windows Server 2012
Configuring storage, shares, and permissions
Configuring and monitoring print and document services
Configuring Hyper-V and Hyper-V Network Virtualization
Configuring IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing
Configuring DHCP and DNS
Managing and Configuring Active Directory Domain Services
- Securing Windows Server 2012
MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server® 2012 R2 is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling authors and expert instructors Don Poulton and David Camardella share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
Fully updated for Windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to help enterprise administrators develop real-world, job-role-specific skills - this Training Guide focuses on deploying and managing core infrastructure services in Windows Server 2012 R2. Build hands-on expertise through a series of lessons, exercises, and suggested practices - and help maximize your performance on the job.
This Microsoft Training Guide:
- Provides in-depth, hands-on training you take at your own pace
- Focuses on job-role-specific expertise for deploying and managing core infrastructure services
- Creates a foundation of skills which, along with on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-410
- Preparing for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Deploying servers
- Server remote management
- New Windows PowerShell capabilities
- Deploying domain controllers
- Active Directory administration
- Network administration
- Advanced networking capabilities