Guides for the AP Government & Politics Exam!
- Two full-length model AP exams with answer keys and explanations
- An extensive subject review covering Constitutional development, the branches of federal government, political parties, special interest groups, the media, bureaucracy, and public policy issues related to the economy, the federal budget, social welfare, foreign policy and national defense
- Updated content includes the 2012 election
Techniques That Actually Work.
- Tried-and-true strategies to help you avoid traps and beat the test
- Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
- Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
- Comprehensive content review for all test topics
- Up-to-date information on the 2016 AP U.S. Government & Politics Exam
- Engaging activities to help you critically assess your progress
- Access to AP Connect, our online portal for helpful pre-college information and exam updates
- 2 full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations
- Glossary for quick reference of the most important topics, dates, cases, and information
- Helpful practice drills at the end of every content review chapter
If this sounds like you, don't panic. REA's Crash Course for AP® U.S. Government & Politics is just what you need. Our Crash Course gives you:
Targeted, Focused Review - Study Only What You Need to Know
The Crash Course is based on an in-depth analysis of the AP® U.S. Government & Politics course description outline and actual AP® test questions. It covers only the information tested on the exam, so you can make the most of your valuable study time. Our easy-to-read format gives you a crash course in the major ideas and concepts in government and politics, including constitutional underpinnings of the U.S. government, political culture, federalism, civil rights/civil liberties, elections & campaigns, congress, the presidency & the executive branch, and more.
Expert Test-taking Strategies
Written by a former AP® teacher, the author’s question-level strategy and advice explains how to handle the multiple-choice and free-response questions so you can raise your overall point score!
Key Terms You Must Know
Mastering AP® vocabulary terms is an easy way to increase your total score. Our AP® expert gives you the key terms all AP® U.S. Government & Politics students must know before test day.
5 Steps to a 5: AP US Government features an effective, 5-step plan to guide your preparation program and help you build the skills, knowledge, and test-taking confidence you need to succeed. This fully revised edition covers the latest course syllabus and matches the latest exam.
The book provides access to McGraw-Hill Education’s interactive AP Planner app, which will enable you to receive a customizable study schedule on your mobile device.
- Bonus app features daily assignment notifications, plus extra practice questions to assess test readiness
- 4 complete practice AP US Government exams
- 3 separate study plans to fit your learning style
- A detailed overview of the AP Comparative Government & Politics Exam
- An examination of sovereignty, authority, and power
- A guide to political institutions
- An in-depth look at citizens, society, and the state
- An analysis of political and economic change
- A breakdown of public policy
- Comprehensive practice questions with detailed answer explanations