Study Guides for the Security+ SY0-401 Exam!
Security+ Exam Cram, Fourth Edition, is the perfect study guide to help you pass CompTIA’s newly updated version of the Security+ exam. It provides coverage and practice questions for every exam topic. The book contains a set of 200 questions in two full practice exams. The CD-ROM contains the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine that provides real-time practice and feedback with all the questions so you can simulate the exam.
Covers the critical information you need to know to score higher on your Security+ exam!
- Categorize types of attacks, threats, and risks to your systems
- Secure devices, communications, and network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues related to networking components
- Effectively manage risks associated with a global business environment
- Differentiate between control methods used to secure the physical domain
- Identify solutions to secure hosts, data, and applications
- Compare techniques to mitigate risks in static environments
- Determine relevant access control, authorization, and authentication procedures
- Select appropriate mitigation techniques in response to attacks and vulnerabilities
- Apply principles of cryptography and effectively deploy related solutions
- Implement security practices from both a technical and an organizational standpoint
Get complete coverage of all objectives included on the latest release of the CompTIA Security+ exam from this comprehensive resource. Cowritten by leading information security experts, this authoritative guide fully addresses the skills required for securing a network and managing risk. You'll find learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice exam questions, and in-depth explanations. Designed to help you pass CompTIA Security+ exam SY0-401, this definitive volume also serves as an essential on-the-job reference.
COVERS ALL EXAM DOMAINS, INCLUDING:
- Network security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data, and host security
- Access control and identity management
With hundreds of practice exam questions, including new performance-based questions, CompTIA Security+ Certification Study Guide, Second Edition covers what you need to know--and shows you how to prepare--for this challenging exam.
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for exam SY0-401
- Exam Watch notes call attention to information about, and potential pitfalls in, the exam
- Inside the Exam sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
- Two-Minute Drills for quick review at the end of every chapter
- Simulated exam questions--including performance-based questions--match the format, topics, and difficulty of the real exam
Over 400 realistic practice test questions with in-depth explanations will help you test your comprehension and readiness for the exam. The book includes a 100 question pre-test, a 100 question post-test, and practice test questions at the end of every chapter. Each practice test question includes a detailed explanation to help you understand the content and the reasoning behind the question. You’ll be ready to take and pass the exam the first time you take it.
If you plan to pursue any of the advanced security certifications, this guide will also help you lay a solid foundation of security knowledge. Learn this material, and you’ll be a step ahead for other exams. This SY0-401 study guide is for any IT or security professional interested in advancing in their field, and a must read for anyone striving to master the basics of IT systems security.