For students whose first language is not English and who wish to study at a university with an English-based curriculum, no admittance test is more important than the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). 400 Must-Have Words for the TOEFL helps you score well by arming you with the most important English vocabulary words commonly found on this crucial exam. This timely guide also encompasses the recent changes made to the test, including the emphasis on conversation and spontaneous communication to mirror the interactive nature of the classroom. 400 Must-Have Words for the TOEFL also includes: Activities such as paraphrasing, synonym and antonym exercises, and identifying prefixes and suffixes Strategies on how to incorporate new words into everyday vocabulary Chapters on identifying synonyms and paraphrasing sentences, roots, prefixes, and suffixes
McGraw-Hill - 2014
The TOEFL iBT tests your abilities in Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. Kaplan’s TOEFL iBT Premier 2016-2017 with 4 Practice Tests
presents the most important language skills and strategies you need to succeed on this test. The TOEFL is required worldwide for international students who want to study abroad.
Kaplan’s comprehensive guide gives you exactly what you will need to get ready for Test Day, including:
- 4 full-length online practice tests with detailed answers and explanations
- 450+ practice questions
- Focused practice for each section of the test
- 95+ minutes of audio for Listening, Speaking, and Writing sections included on CD and online, plus complete transcripts in the book
- 12+ self-paced video lessons taught by Kaplan experts provide strategies for and insight into every section of the test
- Exclusive score-raising tips and strategies for each language skill: Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking
- Effective study tips for all TOEFL test takers
Kaplan Publishing - 2015
Encomium Interactive is like having a personal English language coach --- 24 hours a day. This site offers web-based interactive Test Preparation System at the intermediate-to-advanced levels of proficiency.
Encomium Publications Inc. - 2002
The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is now being offered as an internet-based test, or iBT, and the new edition of Barron's TOEFL manual and accompanying software have been completely revised and updated to reflect the new format. The manual presents seven full-length model TOEFL iBT tests with explanations or examples for all questions, including sample essays and speaking responses. The author also offers general orientation to the new TOEFL iBT, as well as a review of academic skills, which include note taking, paraphrasing, summarizing, and synthesizing. There is also a review of language skills--listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The optional CD-ROM presents seven on-screen TOEFL iBT exams that simulate actual test conditions and provide automatic scoring.
Barrons Educational - 2013
The one and only bestselling official guide to the TOEFL, from the makers of the test Now expanded with a third actual TOEFL exam
This Official Guide to the TOEFL Test is the best, most reliable guide to the test that is used around the world to assess foreign applicants to U.S. and Canadian universities for English proficiency. It includes real TOEFL questions for practice, as well as explanations of every section of the test and information on what is expected for every speaking and writing task. You will learn how to construct a good answer and how to integrate speaking, listening, and writing skills to demonstrate college-level English proficiency. The accompanying CD-ROM provides three authentic TOEFL iBT practice tests just like the one you will encounter on test day. Inside you'll find: 600 real TOEFL questions from the test-makers A CD-ROM with 3 authentic TOEFL iBT practice tests Strategies for success
McGraw-Hill - 2015
THE PRINCETON REVIEW GETS RESULTS. Get all the prep you need to ace the TOEFL with a full-length simulated TOEFL iBT test, an MP3 CD with accompanying audio sections, thorough reviews of core topics, and proven strategies for tackling tough questions.Techniques That Actually Work.
Everything You Need to Know for a High Score.
- Tried-and-true strategies to avoid traps and beat the test
- Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically when needed
- Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
Practice Your Way to Perfection.
- Comprehensive content reviews for all test topics
- Lessons on how to quickly identify the main ideas of a passage or lecture
- Grammar review to brush up on the basics
- 1 full-length simulated TOEFL iBT with full answer explanations
- Accompanying audio sections available both on CD and as streaming files online
- 39 additional practice drills for the Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing sections
Princeton Review - 2015
Increase your TOEFL iBT score by increasing your speaking and writing scores. How? By using the strategy called argument mapping. Why argument mapping? Because the TOEFL iBT speaking and writing sections are all argument-based tasks. That means if you want high speaking and writing scores, you must know how to map out (develop and deliver) spoken and written arguments, quickly and proficiently. With argument mapping, you will be able to do just that. Best of all, you can apply argument mapping to all six speaking tasks and both writing tasks. That means you will spend less time reading about strategies and more time practicing them.
Nova Press - 2010