Study Guides for the AP English Language Exam!
Techniques That Actually Work.
• Tried-and-true strategies to avoid traps and beat the test
• Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
• Essential tactics to help you work smarter, not harder
Everything You Need to Know for a High Score.
• Detailed coverage of the synthesis, rhetorical analysis, and argumentative essays
• Engaging activities to help you critically assess your progress
• Up-to-date information on the 2015 exam
Practice Your Way to Perfection.
• 2 full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations and scoring worksheets
• Pacing drills to help you maximize points
• Sample student essays scored at different levels
- Five full-length practice exams with all questions answered and explained
- A complete overview of the AP test
- Advice and instruction for answering multiple-choice questions
- A guide to writing focused and well-organized responses to essay questions
- Sample student essays with critiques
- Guidelines for evaluating essays and determining final AP exam scores.
The manual can be purchased alone or with an optional CD-ROM that includes two additional practice tests with answer explanations and automatic scoring.
5 Steps to a 5: AP English Language features an effective, 5-step plan to guide your preparation program and help you build the skills, knowledge, and test-taking confidence you need to succeed. This fully revised edition covers the latest course syllabus and matches the latest exam. It also includes access to McGraw-Hill Education’s AP Planner app, which will enable you to create your own customized study schedule on your mobile device.
- AP Planner app features daily practice assignment notifications delivered to your mobile device
- 3 complete practice AP English Language exams
- Access to online AP English Language quizzes
- 3 separate study plans to fit your learning style
- Two full-length practice tests and a diagnostic test to target areas for score improvement
- Detailed answer explanations
- A two-page, full-color, removable study sheet packed with key dates, terms, and facts
- Tips and strategies for scoring higher from expert AP English Language and Composition teachers and students who got a perfect 5 on the exam
- Targeted review of the most up-to-date content, including any information about test changes
- A comprehensive index and glossary of key terms and concepts
- Includes introductory chapters on the different question types you’ll encounter on the exam
- Features four full-length practice exams with detailed answer explanations and model essay responses