WHO WE ARE: Boardvitals Question Bank is a physician-run company created with the practicing physician and resident in mind. We know this field because we are in it! Our writers and expert reviewers are residents and attendings from many prestigious academic institutions and training programs. WHAT WE DO: We strive to provide a high-quality, affordable, effective, and powerful board review tool that can be used by practicing physicians, residents, and medical students. 100% GUARANTEE: We don't just provide a question bank, we provide up-to-date explanations from the literature with our answers and give you detailed feedback and assessment of your progress broken down by subject areas. With each question you can see how you compare to your peers, and gauge the difficulty of the question by what percentage of your peers answered it correctly or chose the same option you did. Our full-length practice exam is a great way to judge your overall preparedness and compare to your peers to estimate what your score might be on the real thing!
Boardvitals.com - 2015
Through six decades, no resource has matched the authority, esteemed scholarship, and scientific rigor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. Capturing the countless advances and developments across the full span of medicine, the new 19th edition of Harrison’s provides a complete update of essential content related to disease pathogenesis, clinical trials, current diagnostic methods and imaging approaches, evidence-based practice guidelines, and established and newly approved treatment methods.
Here are just a few of the outstanding features of the new Nineteenth Edition:
- Presented in two volumes: Volume 1 is devoted to foundational principles, cardinal manifestations of disease and approach to differential diagnosis; Volume 2 covers disease pathogenesis and treatment
- NEW chapters on important topics such as Men’s Health, The Impact of Global Warming on Infectious Diseases, Fatigue, and many more
- Critical updates in management and therapeutics in Hepatitis, Coronary Artery Disease, Ebola Virus Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lipoprotein Disorders, HIV and AIDS, and more.
- Increased number of the popular Harrison’s clinical algorithms; clinically relevant radiographic examples spanning hundreds of diseases; clinical-pathological images in full color; crystal clear, full color drawings and illustrations and helpful tables and summary lists that make clinical application of the content faster than ever
- Access to outstanding multi-media resources including practical videos demonstrating essential bedside procedures, physical examination techniques, endoscopic findings, cardiovascular findings, and more
McGraw-Hill Professional - 2015
Master the Boards: Internal Medicine is the most comprehensive, test-focused guide available to help you succeed on the ABIM exam. Written by USMLE expert Dr. Conrad Fischer, this board-focused review dissects each disease to answer the most common questions on the Internal Medicine Boards:
- "What is the most likely diagnosis?"
- "What is the best initial test?"
- "What is the most accurate test?"
- "What is the best initial therapy?"
- "Which physical finding is most likely in this patient?"
- Time-saving outline format includes testable material only.
- Diagnostic images and tables make information memorable with visual references.
- Exclusive test-day tips highlight frequent questions and incorrect answer choices to avoid.
- Sidebars summarize key points for quick review.
Conrad Fischer MD - 2013
Don't gamble on the most important exam of your career... ace the boards with the Johns Hopkins Internal Medicine Board Review! Johns Hopkins was the birthplace of the Internal Medicine residency, and it has led the field ever since. Now it's also the source of the most effective board-review tool in the specialty! Respected experts summarize just the imperative information you need to know for certification or recertification.
- Get all the core knowledge you need through comprehensive review text; bolded key information; and helpful tables and algorithms.
- Test your skills and simulate the exam experience with over 1,000 exam questions; complete, comprehensive answers in study and test modes; and fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Go into the exam with confidence with exam-taking tips and tricks.
- View full-color clinical images covering all the image types you'll see on the boards, including x-rays, common skin findings, peripheral blood smear, ophthalmology findings, and CT and MR images.
- Master the latest knowledge and concepts in the field through fully updated text and online questions.
Ace the internal medicine boards with the only review that provides over 1,000 full exam mode review questions online and in print.
Saunders - 2012
Written by the creator of the nationally acclaimed course, “Conrad Fischer’s Internal Medicine Board Review,” the Kaplan Medical Internal Medicine Question Book offers 500 sample questions that teach students how to answer the most important topics tested on the American Board of Internal Medicine certification exam. Under Dr. Fischer, the Board pass rate at a large New York residency program rose from 52 percent to 100 percent in one year.
With the most test-like samples on the market, this indepth book features questions framed as case studies that describe patient histories, physical exams, and lab data. Study questions quiz content mastery, while detailed answer explanations ensure clear comprehension.
This book focuses on answering and analyzing the questions students face on the actual exam, broken down into manageable chunks. Fischer’s question analysis method is key for students’ success on test day.
Kaplan - 2009
Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Board Review: Questions and Answers is designed specifically to help prepare physicians-in-training and practising clinicians for the ABIM certification and maintenance-of-certification examinations in internal medicine. This question-and-answer companion to Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Board Review, 10th Edition, tests physicians and physicians-in-training on all relevant material related to the goals set forth by ABIM to ensure the success of internal medicine clinicians. To facilitate study, alleviate potential distractions and simplify quick reference, this book is organized according to its companion text. Each chapter is devoted to the study of a particular subspecialty topic (e.g. allergy, cardiology, dermatology, etc.) and cross-content referenced to topics related to general internal medicine (e.g. men's health, women's health, geriatrics, etc.) Chapters feature anywhere from 5 to 50 questions, each structured as a potential patient encounter with multiple-choice diagnostic and treatment responses. By testing physicians-in-training and practising clinician's knowledge of internal medicine and clinical thinking skills, Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Board Review: Questions and Answers seeks to promote the best education and care in internal medicine.
Oxford University Press - 2013