Study Guides for the GED Exam!
Test takers preparing for the GED High School Equivalency exam can brush up on their academic skills with this brand-new set of flash cards. The 450 cards are divided into categories that reflect the GED's five test areas: Language Arts--Writing, Language Arts--Reading, Social Studies, Math, and Science. Approximately 125 English flash cards cover grammar, correct sentence usage, and reading comprehension. Approximately 100 Social Studies cards cover history, geography, civics and government, and economics. Approximately 125 Math cards present questions with answers covering numbers and operations, geometry, measurement and data analysis, and algebra; and approximately 100 Science cards cover fundamentals of biology, Earth science, chemistry, and physics. The cards present questions and answers, as well as terms and definitions. All cards have a punch hole in one corner to accommodate a metal key-ring-style card holder enclosed in the card box. Test takers can use the ring to arrange their flash cards in any sequence that suits their study needs.
Barrons Educational Series - 2015
Passing the GED provides Spanish-speakers with expanded job and educational opportunities, like attending college or starting a successful career. El GED en Espanol Para Dummies is a comprehensive study guide for native Spanish-speakers preparing to take the GED exam. You'll get hands-on, essential test preparation help on everything you need to know-from registering and studying effectively to managing your time during the exam.
For Dummies - 2010
GED Exam Secrets helps you ace the General Educational Development Test, without weeks and months of endless studying. Our comprehensive GED Exam Secrets study guide is written by our exam experts, who painstakingly researched every topic and concept that you need to know to ace your test. Our original research reveals specific weaknesses that you can exploit to increase your exam score more than you've ever imagined. GED Exam Secrets includes: The 5 Secret Keys to GED Exam Success: Time is Your Greatest Enemy, Guessing is Not Guesswork, Practice Smarter, Not Harder, Prepare, Don't Procrastinate, Test Yourself; A comprehensive Writing Skills review including: Approaching a Topic, Brainstorming for Success, Picking a Main Idea, Starting Your Engines, Strength Through Diversity, Weeding Your Garden, Creating a Logical Flow, Avoiding the Panic, Checking Your Work; A comprehensive Social Studies, Science, and Literature and the Arts review including: Determining the Relationships, Making Strategic Eliminations, Recognizing Switchback Words, Understanding Word Types, Finding the Right Opportunities, When Truth Doesn't Equal Correctness, Avoiding the Trap of Familiarity, Making Logic Work for You, Skimming Techniques to Save Time; A comprehensive Mathematics review including: The Easiest Math Review You'll Ever Read, Solving for Variables, Breezing Through Word Problems, Keeping Probability Simple, Using the Right Formulas, Graphing for Success, Racing Through Ratios, Understanding Line Plotting, Mastering Difficult Problems, and much more...
Mometrix Media - 2015
The Princeton Review doesn't try to teach you everything there is to know about English, mathematics, or analytic thinking. They will teach you what you'll need to score high on the GED. There's a big difference. In Cracking the GED, you'll learn how to think like the test makers.This book includes two full-length sample tests. The questions in the tests are just like the ones you'll see on the actual GED, and they fully explain every solution.
Princeton Review - 2015
Master the GED is a comprehensive guide that offers the essential test-prep and review material for the high school equivalency diploma test, including practice tests, subject review, and expert tips on how to score high oneach GED test. Readers will find the GED information they need to know-scoring and passing requirements, how to prepare, and what to expect on test day.
- 3 full-length practice tests, including a diagnostic test to determine your strengths and weaknesses, with answer keys and detailed answer explanations for each practice test. PLUS, online access to additional practice tests.
- In-depth review of each GED test subject with practice questions and easy-to-understand answer explanations, including Language Arts, Writing (Parts I and II); Language Arts, Reading; Social Studies (including Canadian history and government); Science; and Mathematics (Parts I and II).
- Exercises and drills for every type of question in each GED test subject area, with hundreds of practice questions and detailed answer explanations to reinforce key concepts.
- Expert strategies to strengthen test-taking skills.
Peterson's - 2014
The GED® is a high school equivalency test that is recognized by educational institutions and employers throughout the United States and Canada. Every year, hundreds of thousands of individuals obtain GED® diplomas or certificates as a first step toward academic or professional advancement. While other GED® guides are designed for classroom use, Kaplan GED® is a self-study program, fully updated for the GED® 2014 test changes. This GED® self-study system includes:
- 1,000+ practice questions with detailed explanations
- 2 Full-length practice tests—including an online practice test with feedback to help you pinpoint areas of weakness
- In-book diagnostic pretest that helps you set up a personalized study plan for the book and online materials
- Expert strategies for tackling the exam, both in the book and in online videos
- Essential skills you’ll need to pass the Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies Tests
- Effective strategies for writing extended responses and short answers that appear on three of the four tests
- Clear instructions on using the Texas Instruments TI-30XS MultiView™ calculator
Kaplan - 2013
Updated to reflect the latest GED High School Equivalency Exam, this comprehensive manual presents a diagnostic test and two full-length practice exams with all questions answered and explained. Test-takers will also profit from the book's extensive subject reviews that cover all test topics: Social Studies, Science, Language Arts--Reading, and Mathematics. An overview explains the test's several parts and their time allotments and offers study advice and test-taking tips. Headings are printed in a second color for easy reference. Enclosed with this manual is an optional CD-ROM, which presents practice tests that simulate the actual test-taking situation.
Barrons Educational Series - 2013
Essential Words for the GED (or High School Equivalency Exam) is a vocabulary builder that helps test takers strengthen the vocabulary they already have, sharpen knowledge of prefixes, suffices, and compound words, add new words to their personal word bank, and become aware of those little words that good readers never miss. A list of 400 words essential to success on the GED is given with exercises and solutions.
Barrons Educational Series - 1999
Get ready for the math portion of the GED® with REA's GED® Math Test Tutor Book features:
- Content 100% aligned with the new 2014 GED® test
- Written by a GED® math tutor and test expert
- Comprehensive review covers every topic on the exam
- Includes step-by-step instructions on how to use the TI-30XS calculator
- 2 full-length practice tests (featuring new question types) with detailed answers
Research & Education Association - 2013
The updated Spanish language edition of Barron's GED test prep manual reflects the most recent GED High School Equivalency Exams in subject matter, length, question types, and degree of difficulty. Featuring a full-length diagnostic test, and two full-length practice exams, this manual is presented entirely in Spanish for Spanish-speakers who intend to take the GED's Spanish language version. The diagnostic test's questions come with answer keys, answer analyses, and self-appraisal charts. All questions in both GED practice exams are answered and explained. The book features extensive review in all test areas, which include Spanish grammar and essay writing, social studies, science, arts and literature, and math.
Barron's Educational Series - 2010