Study Guides for the ACT Exam!
- Advice and strategies for tackling the ACT's most difficult questions and coming up with winning answers
- Extra-challenging practice tests in all ACT test areas: English, Math, Reading, Science, and the optional Writing test
- Instruction on reading efficiently and retentively
- Special tips for boosting your science score
- Detailed advice on writing a winning essay
Now you, too, can reach that top score with Maria's proven methods. You are just steps away from a 36 with:
- Study strategies for the math, reading, and science sections of the exam that can turn an ordinary student into an ACT genius
- One full-length practice ACT exam
- Techniques for mastering the 5-paragraph ACT essay
- Answer explanations to hundreds of ACT practice questions using a perfect score mind-set
With help from ACT 36 in Just 7 Steps, you can attain a perfect score and get into the university or college of your dreams.
Practice Your Way to Perfection.
- 3 full-length practice ACTs to prepare you for the actual testing experience
- Hundreds of additional questions (broken down by subject and equivalent in length to 3 more ACTs) to help you pinpoint your strengths and work through your weaknesses
- Targeted subject drills that emphasize critical English and Math skills for the ACT
Master Test Content with Strategic Explanations.
- Detailed explanations for practice questions to help you diagnose your mistakes and steadily improve
- Fundamental-skill approaches that show how to solve questions “your teacher’s way”
- Test-cracking techniques that demonstrate how to apply The Princeton Review’s strategies
- Score conversion charts help to assess your current progress
- Diagnostic drills allow you to customize a study plan and attain a higher score
- Essay checklists remind you how to write a high-scoring response
Accepted, Inc. is an independent test prep study guide company that produces and prints all of our books right here in the USA. Our dedicated professionals know how people think and learn, and have created our ACT book based on what research has shown to be the fastest, easiest, and most effective way to prepare for the exam. Unlike other study guides that are stamped out in a generic fashion, our ACT test prep manual is specifically tailored for your exact needs. Our goal here at Accepted, Inc. is to help you:
We’ve eliminated the filler; and fluff; you see in a lot of mass-market guides, allowing you to have more effective study time.
We exclusively work with tutors, teachers, and field experts to write our books. This ensures you get the tips, takeaways, and test secrets that a one-on-one tutoring experience provides. Unlike a tutoring session, however, our books enable you to prepare for your exam on your own schedule at a fraction of the cost.
and Get Accepted!
We offer a comprehensive set of guides guaranteed to raise your score for exams from every step of your education; from high school, to college or the military, to graduate school. Let our study guides guide you along the path to the professional career of your dreams!
The comprehensive guide to this year's ACT® test, with real full-length practice tests
The Official ACT Prep Guide is the bestselling resource for students getting ready to take the ACT® test. Step by step, it walks you through the entire test experience, from registration to your Score Report, and provides you with effective test-taking strategies.
The guide includes three actual ACT tests—all of which contain the optional writing test—that you can use to practice at your own pace. To help you better review test subjects and improve your understanding, the guide provides clear explanations for every answer and ideas for boosting your score on the English, math, reading, and science tests as well as the optional writing test.
Filled with expert advice from the test's creators on preparing both mentally and physically, the guide also helps you:
- Review the entire content of the ACT so you'll know what to expect
- Understand the procedures you'll follow when you're taking the ACT
- Be ready for the types of questions you can expect to find on the test
- Adopt test-taking strategies that are right for you
By using the strategies outlined in The Official ACT Prep Guide, you can feel comfortable and confident that you're prepared to do your best on test day.
Kaplan is so certain that ACT Prep Plus 2018 offers the guidance you need that we guarantee it: After studying with our online resources and book, you'll score higher on the ACT—or you'll get your money back.
With ACT Prep Plus 2018 you can study on-the-go. Log in from anywhere to watch video lessons, complete quizzes, and take practice tests that are optimized for your mobile device.
The Best Practice
- Four full-length Kaplan practice tests online with detailed answer explanations
- One full-length Kaplan practice test in the book for easy reference and review
- Scoring and analysis for one official ACT test
- Online Center with additional practice, quizzes, and videos to help guide your study
- Kaplan's SmartPoints system helps you earn the most points by guiding you toward the most popular topics and question types on the exam
- Perfect Score Tips: advice and strategies from students who got a perfect score and top ACT instructors.
- Kaplan's best tutors review the most important concepts in short video tutorials.
- We know the test: Our Learning Engineers have put tens of thousands of hours into studying the ACT – using real data to design the most effective strategies and study plans.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians make sure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years, and more than 95% of our students get into their top-choice schools. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
Techniques That Actually Work.
- Powerful tactics to help you avoid traps and beat the ACT
- Tips for pacing yourself and guessing logically
- Essential strategies to help you work smarter, not harder
Everything You Need to Know for a High Score.
- Complete coverage of all test topics, including the reading and written portions
- Thorough review of the skills necessary to help you ace all five ACT sections
- Bulleted chapter summaries for quick review
Practice Your Way to Perfection.
- 8 full-length practice tests (4 in the book and 4 online) with detailed answer explanations
- Drills for each test section—English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and Writing
- Instant score reports for online tests, with optional LiveGrader(TM) essay scoring
Online Access to Our Exclusive Premium Portal.
- Online practice exams to hone your test-taking techniques
- Video tutorials with expert advice from leading course instructors
- Customized multi-week study plans
- Exclusive access to college and university rankings
- College admissions and financial aid tips
- Special downloadable "ACT Insider" booklet packed with information about planning college visits, picking a perfect school, and writing standout essays
The Black Book works best when used with the authentic ACT questions in the "Red Book," which is the Real ACT Prep Guide, 3rd Edition, by ACT, Inc. The Black Book shows you how to beat the ACT, while the Red Book gives you real ACT questions to practice with. (The ACT Prep Black Book has no affiliation with ACT, Inc.)
The Black Book and the Red Book are all you need to get your best possible ACT score.
Why is the Black Book the ideal ACT book?
- It actually works, for one thing. You'll learn to use the ACT’s own design flaws against it.
- The Black Book is a clear, concise roadmap to the ACT. (See the partial table of contents below). It explains exactly how every ACT question works, and how to beat it in the least time possible.
- The Black Book contains over 200 original solutions for real ACT questions from the Red Book, so you know it actually works. (You'll need the 3rd edition of the Red Book to use these solutions. But you shouldn’t always trust the Red Book’s own explanations of its questions, believe it or not! As Mike demonstrates repeatedly, the Red Book’s explanations frequently rely on faulty and inconsistent reasoning. Mike shows you what’s really going with the ACT in a way that the Red Book does not.)
How is this book different? It's designed to be a replacement for prep courses. Every topic in the book is connected to others through links--to allow you to easily jump between skills. You'll find videos on every topic, and really specific, concentrated practice problems with incredibly detailed explanations. Not only that, it features more content, and a lot more problems, than most online courses.
It's the most comprehensive ACT Math book available, devoting more time and more examples to each topic than any other. Not only that, but it doesn't read like a textbook. Skip the dense black and white blocks of text and equations. This book is colorful, full of diagrams, and thought bubbles to allow you to clearly follow example problems, without giving you a headache.
- 400+ ACT math practice questions with step-by-step solutions
- 90+ Videos covering each topic
- Comprehensive strategy section and strategy for each question type
- Guide for translating your ACT score report to the topics you need
- Access to printable geometry problems
- Access to an easy to use math ACT formula sheet
- Section detailing how to practice, how to prepare, and insight into the weaknesses of the ACT (how the testmakers are handcuffed).