Study Guides for the SSAT - Middle Exam!
Techniques That Actually Work.
- Powerful tactics to avoid traps and beat the SSAT & ISEE for Elementary/Lower, Middle, and Upper Level students
- Tips for pacing yourself and guessing strategically
- Essential strategies to help you work smarter, not harder
- Complete coverage of the Math, Verbal, and Reading sections for both tests
- A thorough content review of fundamental math skills and frequently appearing SSAT and ISEE vocabulary words
- A detailed syllabus to help guide your prep
- 5 full-length, in-book practice tests (2 for SSAT, 3 for ISEE) with detailed scoring instructions
- 1 full-length, downloadable SSAT Elementary Level exam online
- Practice questions for every level, subject, and question type to help diagnose your progress
Kaplan's SSAT & ISEE 2016 also includes:
- Six full-length practice tests—three SSATs tailored to middle and upper level grades and three ISEEs tailored to upper, middle, and lower grade levels
- Detailed answer explanations
- Hundreds of practice questions covering the most frequently tested material
- Intensive, test-specific math and verbal workouts
- Customized review sections for important subject areas, including verbal reasoning, mathematics, reading comprehension, and writing
- Practical tips for every question type
- Proven test–taking strategies to help students score higher
- Updated content to match the rigor of the SSAT and ISEE
McGraw-Hill Education: SSAT/ISEE offers complete coverage of both forms (grades 6-8 and 9-12) of the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) and all three forms (grades 5-6, 7-8, and 9-12) of the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE), the two exams required for admission by more than 2,000 private high schools nationwide and overseas.
Inside you'll find
- New: 16 easy-to-grasp, two-page graphic spreads that illustrate how to solve key problems
- New: Expanded math topics on the upper-level ISEE: imaginary numbers, matrices, and statistics/probability concepts
- New: The interactive Test Planner App, which you can use to plan your own study schedule
- 6 full-length sample tests--two practice SSATs and three practice ISEEs--with complete explanations
- Top 30 Tips for higher scores on test day
- Step-by-step review of all topics covered on the two exams
Your ticket to the private school of your choice
The Secondary School Aptitude Test (SSAT) and Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) are the two most common standardized aptitude tests used in American private secondary schools. If you're a parent or student looking to apply for admissions at a private, military, or boarding school, SSAT & ISEE For Dummies is your family's ticket to success.
Here, you'll get all the prep needed to score higher on the SSAT and ISEE exams, the most up-to-date information on the tests, hundreds of practice questions, thorough test-specific math and verbal workouts, six full-length practice tests (all with detailed answer explanations), and solid test-taking advice.
- Correctly answer difficult analogy and synonym questions without knowing what all the words mean
- Ace the math section by eliminating answers that are planted to fool test takers
- Apply the proven For Dummies step-by-step approach to combat the essay portion
- Analyze difficult passages using tips and tricks in the reading comprehension section
- Learn the most common vocabulary words tested on the SSAT and ISEE with an entire chapter devoted to vocabulary terms
- State-by-state "Private Schools at-a-Glance" chart with data on more than 1,000 private secondary schools
SSAT & ISEE For Dummies provides students with the resources they need for test day preparation and gives parents sound, expert advice on selecting, applying, and paying for private school.
- Verbal skills
- Reading comprehension
- Essay writing
This second edition of the Math Workbook for ISEE, SSAT, & HSPT Prep: Middle School and High School Entrance Exams has been overhauled from the first edition to reflect the most up-to-date knowledge of the private school admissions exams, as well as to incorporate new insights gleaned by our experts as they used the first edition to prepare students for these exams.
Here are some new features you will find in the second edition:
- A more logical progression of concepts and exercises
- Over 60 new practice sets covering basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and advanced topics
- Expanded sections specific to the ISEE and HSPT
- An assignment planner to help students track their practice sets and measure scores
- A formula sheet containing the most vital math rules and information
- A thorough explanation of the major differences between the ISEE, SSAT, and HSPT
- Updated answer key with easier navigation