Maintain a scalable, highly available enterprise platform and reduce complexity by leveraging the powerful new tools and cloud enhancements of Oracle Database 12c. This authoritative Oracle Press guide offers complete coverage of installation, configuration, tuning, and administration. Find out how to build and populate Oracle databases, perform effective queries, design applications, and secure your enterprise data. Oracle Database 12c: The Complete Reference also contains a comprehensive appendix covering commands, keywords, features, and functions.
- Set up Oracle Database 12c or upgrade from an earlier version
- Design Oracle databases and plan for application implementation
- Construct SQL and SQL*Plus statements and execute powerful queries
- Secure data with roles, privileges, virtualization, and encryption
- Move data with SQL*Loader and Oracle Data Pump
- Restore databases using flashback and the Oracle Database Automatic Undo Management feature
- Build and deploy PL/SQL triggers, procedures, and packages
- Work with Oracle pluggable and container databases
- Develop database applications using Java, JDBC, and XML
- Optimize performance with Oracle Real Application Clusters
McGraw-Hill Education - 2013
With this official MCSE TRAINING KIT, IT professionals learn how to install, administer, and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows XP Professional-the next edition of the Windows 2000 Professional operating system. As they build these essential system-support skills, they're also getting in-depth preparation for one of the new core exams on the Windows MCSE certification track. Topics map directly to the objectives measured by the exam; students learn through an integrated system of lessons, hands-on exercises, and self-assessment. An economical alternative to classroom instruction, this kit enables working professionals to set their own pace and learn by doing!
Microsoft Press - 2001
Ace your preparation for Exam 70-270—and expand your knowledge of Windows XP Professional—with this popular training kit, now fully updated for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and other key topics. Designed to help maximize your performance on the Windows XP exam, a core requirement for MCSA or MCSE certification, this kit packs the resources that exam candidates want most—including in-depth, self-paced training; rigorous, objective-by-objective review; exam tips from expert, exam-certified authors; and a robust testing suite. It also provides real-world scenarios, case study examples, and troubleshooting labs for the skills and expertise you can apply to the job. Topics include installing or upgrading to Windows XP Professional, including automated installations; configuring and managing hardware, disks, and file systems; configuring and customizing the desktop environment; administering security features, including the advanced security technologies in Windows XP Service Pack 2; managing TCP/IP networking; troubleshooting the boot process and other system issues; supporting remote and mobile users; and monitoring resources and performance. Work at your own pace through the lessons, exercises, labs, and review, then use the Readiness Review Suite on CD for in-depth self-assessment and practice. Featuring advanced technology from MeasureUp, Readiness Review delivers 425 challenging practice questions with your choice of timed or untimed testing mode. You can generate random tests or focus on discrete objectives or chapters. And you get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including pointers to other sources for additional study. The kit also includes a 120-day evaluation version of Windows XP Professional software, including the new service pack, plus the latest Microsoft encyclopedias for networking and security in eBook format. And you get a 15% exam discount voucher—making this kit an exceptional value and a great career investment!
Microsoft Press - 2005
This complete learning package is a single source for authoritative preparation for Microsoft's challenging MCSE exam on Windows XP Professional (70-270). The authors present a systematic review of every key topic covered on the exam, including installation, administration, managing hardware, monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability; configuring and troubleshooting the Windows XP desktop; managing and troubleshooting networking; optimizing security; and more. The authors are both Microsoft-certified Windows XP specialists and leading IT consultants, and all content in this book has been reviewed for both technical accuracy and clarity by a team of industry experts. The authors reinforce their comprehensive coverage with an extensive collection of exam tips, study strategies, and case studies; hands-on review exercises; guided practice exercises; summaries and review breaks in every chapter; and a complete practice exam. The accompanying CD-ROM contains an extensive library of additional test questions, delivered via the proven ExamGear testing software. It also contains a complete electronic copy of the book, enabling you to study anywhere you can bring a notebook computer.
Que - 2002
This bundle is the perfect study tool for those taking the 70-270 exam, which is a core exam for both the 2000 and 2003 MCSE tracks. Readers will find the Ultimate MCSE Windows XP Professional Exam Cram 2 Study Kit package to be a must-have resource because it gives them everything they need to pass the exam. The MCSE Windows XP Professional Exam Cram 2 book:
- Maps exactly to the exam objectives, helping readers quickly and easily assess the material.
- Undergoes a stringent review process that includes scrutiny by nearly a dozen industry experts - including Series Edictor Ed Tittel, the creator of the Exam Cram series.
- Inlcudes test-taking strategies and time-saving tips, helping improve readers' success by explaining the how and why of the exams in addition to the what on the exams.
- Features the popular Cram Sheet tearcard, which highlights the essential information covered on the exams.
The MCSE Windows XP Professional Certification Practice Questions Exam Cram 2 book:
- Includes more than 500 practice questions organized according to each exam objective.
- Questions include detailed answers and the exclusive Quick Answer Study System -- which helps readers find answers quickly and easily.
- CD features all 500+ practice questions.
Que - 2004