4Tests Forums

ForumsACT, SAT & PSAT • math and english a Thread Closed
Author Topic
mathwizjohnPosted - 20 September 2007 12:22  Show Profile
I'm reposting my offer to help anyone and everyone on the forums or by e-mail with math and english.
stephy427 Posted - 25 September 2007 5:26  Show Profile
How long will it take to prepare for SAT?<BR>I'm facing my A-level exam soon till end of Nov. And i am undecided whether to take the Nov, Dec or Jan one..
mathwizjohn Posted - 26 September 2007 18:39  Show Profile
preparations can range depending on how you feel and your ability to solve problems and interpret. If you have used any sat book or practice and have obtained high scores after tallying points, then you are definitely prepared for success. If you are in your junior or senior year, then you should take it this year and before January if you are a senior. the sooner you find out your score the better.
bfreeman2008 Posted - 27 September 2007 10:12  Show Profile
i need help with the math and english bad
mathwizjohn Posted - 29 September 2007 16:12  Show Profile
send me an e-mail and give me the specifics. I need to know exactly what areas you need help in.
hotboy632005 Posted - 2 November 2007 19:47  Show Profile
i need help so i can get my GED as quick as possible
trumppy1 Posted - 28 February 2008 9:24  Show Profile
i would love help with math for the ACT!!1
shirazhana Posted - 28 February 2008 12:44  Show Profile
is it easier to score on the math in the ACT OR SAT? and are calculators allowed for the ACT exam?
trumppy1 Posted - 29 February 2008 9:12  Show Profile
yes calculators are allowed for the ACT. you just can't use certain ones like the really powerful ones that can work out algebraic equations where you have to find x yourself...and also the ones that can send and receive information
barryandhope Posted - 18 June 2008 13:34  Show Profile
I need help with math for act. Help</P><P>If , then what is the value of ? 64<BR> 243</P><P> <BR> <BR>Which equation represents line s in the standard (x, y) coordinate plane?<BR> y = &#8211;5x + 1 </P><P> <BR> <BR>y = &#8211;x + 5 </P><P> <BR> <BR>y = x + 3 </P><P> <BR> <BR>y = 2x + 7 </P><P> <BR> <BR>y = x + 7 </P><P>If 2x + 4 is a factor of 2x&#179; + 4x&#178; + 14x + d, then d could equal <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>42 </P><P> <BR> <BR>28 </P><P> <BR> <BR>22 </P><P> <BR> <BR>8 </P><P> <BR> <BR>2 </P><P><BR>What is the slope of a line determined by the equation ?</P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> </P><P></P><P>Which one of the following represents the graph in the standard (x, y) coordinate plane of the equation x&#178; + y &#178; = 9? <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> </P><P></P><P>In a right triangle, where 90&#176; &gt; J &gt; 0&#176; and sin J equals , what does cos J equal?</P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR>1 </P><P> <BR> <BR> </P><P></P><P>Ed has a pencil box that has dimensions of 3 x 4 x 12 inches. What is the longest possible pencil that could fit into his pencil box? <BR> </P><P>Simplify the equation .</P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P><BR>If y = (x - 1)(x + 2), for what values of x is y &gt; 0? <BR> <BR> <BR>x &lt; &#8211;2 or x &gt; 1 </P><P> <BR> <BR>x &lt; &#8211;1 or x &gt; 2 </P><P> <BR> <BR>x &gt; 1 </P><P> <BR> <BR>x &gt; &#8211;2 </P><P> <BR> <BR>x &lt; 2 and x &gt; 1 </P><P><BR>The equation for a certain line graphed in the standard coordinate plane is x + 5 = y. If the line were to move down vertically 3 units, then what would be the new equation of the line? <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> </P><P> <BR> <BR>3 - x = y </P><P> <BR> <BR>x + 3 = 2y </P><P> <BR> <BR>x + 2 = y </P><P> <BR> <BR>13 - x = 2y </P><P></P><P>Which of the following is equal to sin (270 - x)? <BR> <BR> <BR>&#8211; tan x </P><P> <BR> <BR>1 - tan x </P><P> <BR> <BR>&#8211; cos x </P><P> <BR> <BR>1 + cos x </P><P> <BR> <BR>1 + sin x </P><P><BR>
Gelisiliy Posted - 29 September 2010 21:47  Show Profile
The active abilities unlocked with the initial talent tree selection are abilities that (&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.zyy.com&quot;&gt;Buy WOW Gold&lt;/a&gt;)are core to the role being chosen. Our goal is to choose abilities that let the specializations come into their (&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.storeingame.com&quot;&gt;RuneScape Gold&lt;/a&gt;)own much earlier than was possible when a specialization-defining talent had to be buried deep enough that other talent trees couldn&#161;&#175;t access them. For example, having Lava Lash and Dual-Wield right away lets an Enhancement shaman feel like an Enhancement shaman. The differences WOW leveling has difference (&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.gobuycheaprsgold.com&quot;&gt;RS Gold&lt;/a&gt;)ability. Other examples of abilities players can now get immediately by choosing the related talent specialization at WOW (&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.rsfarming.com&quot;&gt;RuneScape Goldv)leveling 10 include Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Shield Slam, Mutilate, Shadow Step, Thunderstorm, Earth Shield, Water Elemental, and Penance.
saydee23 Posted - 26 August 2012 9:35  Show Profile
asvab

Show All Forums | Thread Closed