4Tests Forums

ForumsGED • GREAT GED INFO FOR Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
BlackioPosted - 16 September 2007 10:52  Show Profile
“What is the test like overall?”

“Language Arts writing test is 75 minutes for part 1 (50 multiple choice questions (65%) and 45 minutes for the Essay. Organization 15%, Sentence Structure 30%, Usage 30% Mechanics 25%
Part two the Essay 35%

Social studies is 70 minutes and 50 multiple choice questions. World History 15%
U.S. History 25%, Civics and Government 25%, Economics 20%, Geography 15%

Science is 80 minutes and 50 multiple choice questions. Life Science 45%, Earth & space science 20%, Physical science 35%, (physics and chemistry)

Language Arts, reading is 65 minutes and 40 multiple choice questions. Literary text 75%, Poetry, 15%, Drama 15%, Fiction 45%, Nonfiction Prose 25%. (My test was all about poetry and very easy they must all be different)

Math is 90 minutes but divided by two so you will have 45 minutes for 1 part that allows the calculator and 45 minutes for the other part that doesn't allow calculator. Number operations & number sense 20-30%, Measurement & Geometry 20-30%, Data Analysis, statistics, & probability 20-30%. Algebra, functions, & patterns 20-30%.

Total of minutes is 425 about 7 hours
Total of 240 questions + the essay “

GED INFO:

“GED stands for General Educational Development.
More than 95 % of employers in the nation employ GED graduates and offer them the same salaries and opportunities for advancement as high school graduates.”
You are tested on knowledge and skills you have acquired from life experiences, work experiences, television, radio, books, magazines, newspapers, consumer products, and advertising. “ In Az, I am able to check online for my tests scores the next day.

Who may take the GED test?

“some 3,500 GED testing centers are available in all fifty United States, the District of Colombia, eleven Canadian provinces and territories, U.S. and overseas military bases, correctional institutions,, Veterans Administration hospitals, and certain learning centers.’’

May I retake the test?

“Yes, but the regulations governing the number of times that you may retake the tests and the time you must wait before retaking them are set by your state, province, of territory. ’’ In Arizona, where I took mine they allow me to retake but I have to wait 30 days and pay 10 per test that I want to retake.

(In Arizona) Take Id and Social Security card to register and pay for test. You will need Id and recipt the day’s of testing. They provide paper, pencils, pens and a calculator.

CONTEMPORARY’S COMPLETE GED BOOK (MC GRAW HILL)
This is my book that I bought from IIA it cost me 40$ and I would recommend it.

Blackio Posted - 17 September 2007 12:43  Show Profile
I took my GED tests at Estrella Mountain Community College in Litchfield park, Arizona.<BR>They were very nice and let me bring lunch and water. I was also allowed to take breaks if I needed or wanted to. They also have a little food place where you can buy some food incase you get hungry.

Show All Forums | Post Reply