4Tests Forums

ForumsGED • I am 36 Thread Closed
Author Topic
vrfriendsPosted - 8 October 2006 23:26  Show Profile
I am 36 and i did not study for 22 years. is any body like me who give ged test b 'coz i am going to do it,but i am so scare
kitticat0904 Posted - 9 October 2006 16:1  Show Profile
I am in the same place as you! I'm 27, and I am just so nervous. I am horrible in math, my 7 year old is better than me when it comes to fractions.LOL I guess I should just take the first step and just take it slow.
sarasievert Posted - 15 October 2006 0:6  Show Profile
Lol I am 50 and havent done math since i was 16! But i am really enjoying it. I am a little worried that its been such a long time since i studied and being a european know zilch about us history.<BR>Sara
shatze16 Posted - 15 October 2006 14:43  Show Profile
I am 24 and have not been in school since I was 15. I am finally taking this test because I want to be a good example for my 4 year old. I am just worried about how well I will do
shortt22 Posted - 25 October 2006 12:55  Show Profile
I too am in the same place as most of you. I am 24 and have not been in school since I was 16. I to am trying to set a good example for my children and I also want to go to college and began my career...I just suck at math A LOT! and I don't want to be one of those people that take their GED over and over again. I know I am not dumb, it's just been along time!
TerH Posted - 27 October 2006 15:39  Show Profile
Well, I am 47, I have challegned the GED here in Pa , in August. I have passed everything but the language writing part which one part is the essay. They go by total scores here over all I passed but I have to take the language writing part again and I am doing that this coming friday Nov 3rd, 2006. I scored a 380 the last time with the challenge, needed a 410. Was a little nervous but I need to do this for myself and I have been STUDYING language. lol .. just cant challenge too many and think you can do it ..
Missmelinda99 Posted - 3 November 2006 13:25  Show Profile
All you can pass it. Just study. I'm 25 I passed it in August with an average score of 692. I am taking the SAT tomorrow. </P><P>If you need extra help I have a GED study group on yahoo. If you go back through the messages we have done a lot of practice with math. Plus we have a lot of links for study sites.</P><P>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GEDstudygroup/
heatherOH Posted - 7 November 2006 8:39  Show Profile
I am 32, and have just taken my GED. I am awaiting my results, and am totally sick to my stomach. I took my test for many reasons that you all have mentioned but also because I WANT it so bad, and I WANT it for ME. I want to move on to college and have a sound career. </P><P>The test was a bit over the edge for me, I was nervous! Now that I look back on it, I think I will do just fine, but I am not getting my hopes up to high at this point, just in case I have to retake a part of the test (if any it will be Math).</P><P>THE ONLY THING TO FEAR, IS FEAR ITSELF!
pcastillo Posted - 7 November 2006 12:0  Show Profile
I take my test on 11/9/2006. I have it in my mind that I will pass it. Don't have that much time to study, but trying to get alittle prepared. So if your nervous or out of fear don't want to take it, ask yourself this.. What do I have to loose..<BR>Good luck to all!<BR>Paul
BLKMOCHA Posted - 6 December 2006 15:5  Show Profile
HELLO.I FEEL THE SAME WAY.I'M 32 YEARS OLD AND I'M JUST TAKING THE GED TEST BUT I NEED TO DO THIS FOR ME.
natelavarnway Posted - 12 January 2007 9:10  Show Profile
Im 17, did a six week GED preparation course and am now ready to take the test. Just awaiting my date, best of luck to you guys:)
blackasian Posted - 14 January 2007 16:53  Show Profile
you're not the only one my dear me too... but hey it's never too late to do this... we can still make it out there don't worry we just have to work this things out.. : )
PositiveK Posted - 19 January 2007 14:49  Show Profile
Just when I thought I was the OLDEST person to have to take the GED test..lol and TRUE...my son is better at math then me also and hes 11years old!! but we can do it and I BELIEVE that! If u guys take and pass let me know!
Original1 Posted - 23 February 2007 9:37  Show Profile
im 16 and it looks easy :) just the math. but its all pretty basic knowledge.
Jesica0217 Posted - 7 March 2007 13:55  Show Profile
my dad took it when he was about 44. He is not bright at all...if he can pass anyone can.. Im still in HS, but I have this teacher would is detremined to fail me. plus I have other prioities right now.. Im going to start college this summer. I just alsolutly HATE dropping out of HS my senior year.. long story ask in you want.. but I guess Ill get to graduate from college! I think that is alot better, than HS.. good luck to everyone!
lextoyo Posted - 9 March 2007 14:27  Show Profile
well! let me tell you something I'm 35 from Chile and decide 2 months ago take the DEG and my English is not very well but I have to try by my self so why fear
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    -1- -2-

Show All Forums | Thread Closed