4Tests Forums

ForumsACT, SAT & PSAT • ACT TEST IS THE FA Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
thegibbiePosted - 13 September 2006 10:26  Show Profile
I'd like to note a LARGE number of failurisms within the reading and language ACT preps...

1. Question 9, entire paragraph is flawed... "The City Council, Tuesday night, approved the 450-acre North Mudville annexation by a 5 to 0 vote over the loud denouncements of area residents that the council was "shogunning in" the measure." A better paragraph would read "The City Council, Tuesday night, approved the 450-acre North Mudville annexation by a 5 to 0 vote, DESPITE the loud denouncements BY area residents that the council was "shogunning in" the measure. (note this is the first and last time you ever see quotes in this test.)

2. On question 25, the sentence is " He was arrested for investigating the February 20 robbery of the Mor-Gas Filling station at 871 Lowpoint Boulevard."

the answer you gave was "for investigation of"... HOW CAN HE BE ARRESTED FOR INVESITIGATING???? The answer should be, "After an investigation of"...

3. on question 24, "At custody in county jail is Monroe Spaulding, 21, of 7648 Mountain View Drive. He was arrested for investigating the February 20 robbery of the Mor-Gas Filling station at 871 Lowpoint Boulevard," you said it should be changed to "in custody at county jail", IT'S CALLED AN ARTICLE OK? such as THE or A! THE COUNTY JAIL!

Im not even going to count the multiple misspellings such as "thwm"... and a complete lack of proper sentences. The paragraphs were worded in such ways as to be horribly confusing, completely different from the actual ACT, which i have taken 6 times and have scored a 32 composite, with a 33 in reading.

p.s. you may be compelled to point out every flaw in this post, but bear in mind I'm NOT advertising myself as ACT prep and misleading students who are expecting to see what the test may ACTUALLY have in store.

LoraxPrincess Posted - 31 October 2006 15:7  Show Profile
I thought "for the investigaTION of" meant that it was investigaTED by the police or rather whomever was investigating it...At least that's what I thought. So saying that he was arrested or caught by being investigaTED.

Show All Forums | Post Reply