4Tests Forums

ForumsGED • Casio Calculator Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
zuzuspedalsPosted - 15 July 2006 16:28  Show Profile
For some of you who have taken the Math GED test, what kind of problems are there that has to be solved with the Casio Calculator?
GOhuskers Posted - 19 July 2006 15:22  Show Profile
mostly addition and subtraction and some multiplication thats about it <BR>i have not found out if i passed yet but i thought the math was really easy
zuzuspedals Posted - 19 July 2006 19:45  Show Profile
Thank you for your responce. I guess I'm mostly concerned about the Math, because I'm not really good at it, but I'm going to keep studying. Thanks again!
Georgene Posted - 27 July 2006 17:46  Show Profile
It's my opinion that math is the toughest test of the 5 GED tests! When it comes to the calculator part of the test, I have found that it isn't much different than the other part..... other than that there will be larger numbers and numbers involving decimals. Knowing how to use the calculator will make solving those problems much faster.</P><P>Hope this helps!</P><P>Georgene<BR>www.learningtrends.com</P><P>
zuzuspedals Posted - 27 July 2006 23:46  Show Profile
Hello Georgene, Have you took the GED test before? Thanks.
zuzuspedals Posted - 27 July 2006 23:51  Show Profile
Sorry for the bad grammer. I should have asked, have you taken the Ged test.
Georgene Posted - 28 July 2006 7:13  Show Profile
Actually, I am a GED instructor and have been for about 12 years.
jesshead311 Posted - 31 July 2006 16:47  Show Profile
Georgene, sorry if I spelled the name wrong I can't click back on the web browser. Do they give you calculators to use when the test is being given?
Georgene Posted - 31 July 2006 20:9  Show Profile
In WI they give you the calculator to use, and I believe it is the same in all the states. The required calculator is a CASIO FX-260 solar. You should be able to pick one up for about $8-$10. I would recommend practicing with it. You can do alot with it (i.e. multiply fractions), if you know how to use it. </P><P>Georgene</P><P>Georgene
honeywellearo Posted - 4 August 2006 14:33  Show Profile
stuggling with math here it is<BR> <BR> http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com<BR>everthing you need is there<BR> signed journeyatw@msn.com

Show All Forums | Post Reply