4Tests Forums

ForumsGED • Got my scores.. Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
Jo24Posted - 23 December 2005 17:8  Show Profile
Well, I finally got my GED scores in the mail today.

Just as I suspected, they gave me bad marks in LANGUAGE ARTS, WRITING. I'm almost absolutely positive I had all questions right in the first grammar section of that test. The very MOST I could have missed is one question on it, and that would have been by a fluke since I had no problems with any of them on the test.

Yet.. they gave me a 580 in it! It's a passing score, but still. I know it can't be correct.

The only explanation is that they either gave me really bad marks on the essay or just flunked me completely in it. It wasn't a bad essay though. All punctuation was correct, it was almost a page and a half long, I used a wide variation of wording, and although it was definitely not perfect, it was very good. The essay I took during the GED practice course was graded as a 100% for comparison.

Considering this.. all I can think is that they gave me such bad marks because of my handwriting. I was been homeschooled for 6 years, and that was the first time I had written more than a line on paper in all of that time, since I did everything involving writing by typing on a keyboard before. When I began copying my essay over to the test form, my handwriting was terrible and jerky and was completely going off the lines. I mentioned it to my test instructor afterwards, and she assured me that the people who grade these would be able to read the handwriting no matter how bad it was. But were they? I guess not.

What can I do about this? I think the 580 score may kick me out of some potential scholarships. Is there a way for me to request a breakdown of the individual scores for both the grammar and essay sections of LANGUAGE ARTS, WRITING, instead of or just the single conglomerate score? I'd really like to know for sure what they graded me on the Essay. I'd read that they grade the Essay out of a total score out of 4. Did they grade mine as a 0 (fail), or as a 1?

Will they ever actually 're-grade' an essay again if it was thought to have been graded incorrectly on the first round?

MegNScool Posted - 7 January 2006 12:10  Show Profile
I got my score from my practice test and I was wanting some help to see how I did. I got 74%. So if someone could write me back and help me I would really appreciate it .
hipsmccoy2002 Posted - 11 January 2006 19:16  Show Profile
Hi,<BR>I am new to this site...so be kind. :)<BR>The question I have is this: Should I be as afraid of the Math section as I am right now?<BR>Thanks
2hundy Posted - 19 January 2006 10:10  Show Profile
no the math portion is pretty much basics i thought...but then again math comes natural to me so yeah...i think the hardest part for me was/is the geometery part....
md3love Posted - 3 February 2006 11:4  Show Profile
Hi I just really wanted to knnow from any of you who have taken the test if it was hard or not...I went to the 11th grade before I had to drop out and have been out of school for 3 1/2 yrs now....Any advice or input would be appreciated..Thanks:)<BR>
Lozen Posted - 3 February 2006 16:43  Show Profile
I'm new here. <BR>I've onloy taken the social studies and the science test, but I can say this. Fear not ! I think that some of the practice tests out there are even harder than the real thing. <BR>I'll be taking math next wednesday, so any tip as far as math goes I'd appreaciate too.
glogirl Posted - 20 March 2006 23:27  Show Profile
meginschool, </P><P>You did better than I did on the 4 test.com. I really suck at math, which has me scared, however I think the test are harder than the actual GED you have to take. At least that's what I've heard...
caragn Posted - 24 August 2007 18:40  Show Profile
Hey Jo</P><P>&quot;Just as I suspected, they gave me bad marks in LANGUAGE ARTS, WRITING. I'm almost absolutely positive I had all questions right in the first grammar section of that test. The very MOST I could have missed is one question on it, and that would have been by a fluke since I had no problems with any of them on the test.&quot;</P><P>You know what? I feel the same about Social Studies, Science, Language Arts-Reading, and Math. I got my scores today, and I'm shocked. I know I did better than this!!! The tests were just too easy. I scored above average but still. I know I did much better. I'm upset about it.<BR>Please let me know if you find out anything.
caragn Posted - 24 August 2007 18:41  Show Profile
Oh great....I just realized it's an thread.

Show All Forums | Post Reply