4Tests Forums

ForumsASVAB • Why Is Studying fo Thread Closed
Author Topic
ArmyGrl18Posted - 28 August 2013 21:5  Show Profile
Im trying to join the army and I was told that they base your score off 4 sections. Paragraph Comprehension, Arithmetic Reasoning, Mathematics and Word knowledge. But then as I looked through my Asvab Book I saw Mechanics , General Science, Automotive, and Electric do I need to know these other subjects and If I do how would I go about studying for them ??? Hekp Pleaseeeee
McGeeMSOps Posted - 4 September 2013 16:4  Show Profile
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) consists of nine individual test. As you have already noticed it isn't just about being able to read and add one plus one.</P><P>The ASVAB sub-tests usually follow such order; General Science, Arithmetic Reasoning, Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Mathematics Knowledge, Electronics Information, Auto &amp; Shop Information, Mechanical Comprehension, and Assembling Objects.</P><P>What determines whether you will even be able to join the military are the four major sub-sections: Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Mathematics Knowledge. These four section are the ones you want to focus on the most. Those also determine your AFQT score. The other &quot;line scores&quot; are then combine with those four major sections to see what jobs are available to you.</P><P>There are several books, and online websites that give practice test that relate to the ASVAB. I personally recommend &quot;ASVAB for Dummies&quot; as this book gives you the in's and out's of the ASVAB.

Show All Forums | Thread Closed