4Tests Forums

ForumsGED • Just took the GED Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
imjustaguyPosted - 7 July 2012 19:56  Show Profile
And if there's one word to describe the tests: ENGLISH.

Learn it. Speak it. Master it.

The impression the GED gives me is that they want to make sure you are literate. As long as you understand the questions, and the multiple choice answers, you cannot fail. And even assuming you are uneducated, as long as you've read books and magazines and basically know how to comprehend, you won't have a problem. If you don't, well now is the time to start reading, and maybe seeking a tutor.

If I had to pick out my biggest mistake, it was probably the decision to cram for algebra the night before. Math was actually very easy, and as long as you have a basic understanding of how to look at algebraic equations, you'll pass.

Most of the questions ask you something from a passage you are supposed to read. the answer is usually in the passage, either worded differently, or gives you a kind of impression that will appear in the multiple choice.

But again, i must stress that your competency of English is the most important here. If you don't fully understand teh question or some of the multiple choice answers, you might pick the wrong one. I found the actual GED tests to be less technical than some of the practice tests found online, so that's a good sign. Oh, and unless you really need it, NEVER pay for a GED studying course or something. You are better off asking your son or daughter to tutor you than spend hundreds of dollars on those websites!

Good luck! <3

col723 Posted - 5 August 2012 19:31  Show Profile
I agree the GED test has alot of reading to do but it all depends on how well you read and understand what your reading. If you attend a preparation program they usually hand on alot of reading material to practice. The main issue some people have is the essay part and I really dont see how. Its just planning out your ideas and write them on paper it that simple. I recently taken the GED and all i failed was the math part so everything else is out the way and with good scores just wish the math didnt set me back but Im not giving up.
Matt098 Posted - 7 August 2012 22:56  Show Profile
Yeah im about to take it aug 20th... what kinda math is on it? i suck so bad a math its not funny
AnnaSmile93 Posted - 11 August 2012 20:18  Show Profile
Im Getting really Nervous about the math and science portion. I've been out of school for so long that im afraid it wont make sense to me anymore.. i still have about a week until i take the test, but is there any other advice you can give to even calm my nerves lol
col723 Posted - 27 August 2012 19:3  Show Profile
Trust me Anna it all comes back to once it's in front of you. Just study both the math and science and you will do just fine.. Good Luck..
AisuNation1 Posted - 2 November 2012 7:57  Show Profile
I will tell you this. i just took the test on October 9&10. I'm still waiting for my results but if you do have a good understanding of English you will do just fine.

Show All Forums | Post Reply