4Tests Forums

ForumsASVAB • Help me pass pleas Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
CurranDPosted - 28 September 2010 14:55  Show Profile
I took the real test some time ago and I scored a 20, I was very disappointed, a 35 or 40 I'd be really happy with but a 20 god damn, I was very depressed. I want to join the army and become a paratrooper, I really want to do this but the test is dragging me, today I retook my practice test at the recruiters and got a 38, the EXACT same score I got last time before I took the ASVAB. It's very hard, looking over to my left, I have piles of papers, a calculator, pencils, pens, two asvab books, one from the 80's and an ASVAB for Dummies, which doesn't help me too much because of it's math errors. Lately I've been using adobe programs on the computer which are helping a lot better than the books, but taking the practice test again today is just so aggravating I feel that I made no progress at all :( please helpppppppp

TheCupofJoe7 Posted - 30 September 2010 18:27  Show Profile
O.k. Here's the thing, I can and will help you score higher if you are seriously dedicated to scoring higher and are willing to put in the time to study and improve. I took the ASVAB in order to become a Navy SEAL but I came out short &quot;one point&quot; 78; I scored a 77. So if in fact you need a study partner, I am willing to help. contact me at joeboe5@yahoocom.<BR>-Joe
Militaryismylife30 Posted - 1 October 2010 3:49  Show Profile
thank you so much curran I really appreciate it but another question is these words that is going to be on the test ???</P><P>Oh ya if you need help in math you shud try to check out these sites its helping me step by step and bro I truelly know how you feel cause im in the same situation like you but heres the sites:</P><P>www.mathtv.com<BR>March2success.com<BR>www.yourteacher.com <BR>
tpatrick6943 Posted - 6 October 2010 18:57  Show Profile
I know for the Coast Guard you can ask for a 5 point waiver see if they will give you a one point waver.
rachellehenke Posted - 7 October 2010 14:16  Show Profile
i also need help on my asvab test. I scored a 25 and i need a 35 to join the navy. Please someone help me. I want this so badly. I have been studying the McGraw-Hill's asvab test book and i really think it is not helping me at all. I go next week to take a practice test and in 3 weeks a take the real deal test again. I really need this, my parents have given up on me, so i need someone to encourage me and to help me please!!!
sallu321 Posted - 9 October 2010 11:39  Show Profile
Hi my name is sale jah, I really need help to pass my asvab exams can some one please help me. I took it twice now bt I always having the same result and I'm so disappointed so all I'm asking is some one please help me pass dis it around d conner
CurranD Posted - 9 October 2010 13:28  Show Profile
@Salluu</P><P><BR>my e-mail is fire-phoenix95@hotmail.com, send me an email and I'll send some helpful ASVAB pdf files, the files contain basic math and algebra for dummies, ARCO: Master the ASVAB, McGraw Hills ASVAB, and a math pdf based on improving your arithmetic reasoning.
Tairagirl2 Posted - 18 November 2010 18:7  Show Profile
Hi I took the practice test and im trying to go to the navy. I got a 24 and need a 35 I am so disappinted i really need some help pleases, Please help me
gmata2101 Posted - 8 February 2011 20:13  Show Profile
I also scored really low on the asvab im really dedicated. But i need some help on the test..please email gmata@gmailcom
NAVYVANE Posted - 17 February 2011 14:13  Show Profile
Im a little confuse about the scores that you need to get in order to join the navy . is it a 35 or 50?? I want to take the test in 2 months I ve been stuying but is has been really hard I need to learn vocabulary :(
PersistentC Posted - 21 February 2011 14:52  Show Profile
All you have to do is keep taking these practice exams and time yourselves, I know someone that scored a 94 with GED by continually taking practice exams online and from books, there is no exact book that will help score higher, you have to find one that you understand the most, I have 2 different books and I find them useless. I took the time and went to the library and got the Princeton Review Asvab book and I found it very helpful, its all about concentrating and taking the time to study. I personally cannot study home, only at school and the library. Good Luck everyone!!
Emtxyz Posted - 22 February 2011 9:11  Show Profile
pls can anybody tell me the pass marks for Navy?
william86 Posted - 16 July 2011 21:30  Show Profile
I was just wondering is the test really that hard i mean arent the questions common sense
millertyme2413 Posted - 7 August 2011 17:35  Show Profile
the recruiter told me, for the Navy, u need to score a 50 on the practice exam. reason being, when u take the actual exam, u can score either 10+ (60) or 10- (40). but, i'm for sure u need only a 35 on the actual asvab to get into the Navy, they just want to make sure that you'll pass the exam.
Mangiacapra Posted - 28 August 2011 21:26  Show Profile
The &quot;practice&quot; test at the recruiter is the AQFT, it isn't a score, it's a percentile out of the people who have taken it. If you got a 75, you scored higher than 75% of the people who took it, the max being 99%.
flyinghawaiin Posted - 4 January 2012 23:44  Show Profile
I would like to use some of your ASVAB Pdf files for studying. I am trying to join the Army but in order to do so, i need to take the asvab.
Topic is 3 Pages Long:    -1- -2- -3-

Show All Forums | Post Reply