4Tests Forums

ForumsASVAB • Need advice Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
Ritz17Posted - 14 August 2009 15:14  Show Profile
I'm 22 years old and have been out of the math game for 4 years now and I want to join the military, but I'm having trouble with all the math sections. Any advice would really be helpful. Thanks
soldierman Posted - 15 August 2009 8:33  Show Profile
Go to the public library and pick up an ASVAB study guide and study. Don't be so eager to just pass the test. Your score will determine the technical fields that will be available to you when you enlist. There are great jobs in the military that will translate to high paying jobs in the civilian market. Those jobs will only be available if you score well in the whole test.</P><P>Also once you pass the ASVAB don't be rushed by the recruiter to pick a job. Do some research on the specialty before you sign a contract. Make sure that it is a job that you'll be willing to do for the whole duration of your military career, it's not easy to change fields once you're in. </P><P>Know that the recruiter operates on a point system where gets more points for recruiting a high scoring candidate as well as more points for putting candidates in crappy fields (i.e. infantry, artillery, etc). Be wary of his advice, he does have an agenda.
yahboo1 Posted - 17 August 2009 19:34  Show Profile
try yourteacher.com, it is not free but you can watch really helpful videos

Show All Forums | Post Reply