4Tests Forums

ForumsGED • To all preparing f Thread Closed
Author Topic
tristinsmomPosted - 12 March 2009 15:21  Show Profile
I see a lot of you questioning what to prepare yourself for first: math, english, science, social studies. The only things you really need to worry about are the math and english. Social studies and science are all reading a passage and answering questions based on said passage. So long as you can comprehend a paragraph about a certain subject matter you will be able to answer most questions in those two subjects. As far as english and math go... Know your basic grammar skills, and brush up on algebra and geometry. Good luck!!!
outsider203 Posted - 13 March 2009 17:53  Show Profile
Thanks for the tip. I am taking the test in about 3 weeks, and I am so nervous about it. I did so many practice tests, which most of them I scored 60-65%, is it bad?
dash199216 Posted - 16 March 2009 11:5  Show Profile
i plan to take the test may 2. however i keep stressing over it. ive never had test anxity before but i am really afraid i will freez up on this one. any advice???
animalperson Posted - 16 March 2009 17:15  Show Profile
thanks for the help you here
tristinsmom Posted - 17 March 2009 14:32  Show Profile
I'm glad to be of assistance... I am taking my test tomorrow, and I am just starting to feel the pressure. I did just find a great site though. They offer a free GED prep course online. I'm trying to cram it all into my head in less than 16 hours here. For those of you who have more time I think it could be really helpful. gedforfree dot com... you should check it out!
animalperson Posted - 17 March 2009 15:45  Show Profile
thanks for that site and no need to be pressured you will do fine just ask god to help you pass the test and say a prayer before u go in
animalperson Posted - 18 March 2009 7:40  Show Profile
dont worry just take your time and say a prayer before going in and just dont be scared about it, it will be ok outsider.
tristinsmom Posted - 19 March 2009 1:4  Show Profile
Glad to get that over with... I really thought it was going to be a little harder than it was. I'm pretty sure I could have past that when I was in 8th grade. Good luck to the rest of you!
kitkat09 Posted - 27 March 2009 19:50  Show Profile
Is that it, just know your algerbra and geometry and you can pass the math? What about fractions, decimals etc.
tristinsmom Posted - 28 March 2009 13:11  Show Profile
Most of the math was really easy. They give you a list of formulas to use and a calculator to use for half of the questions. A lot of it was simple pre-high school stuff. Yes, you should know to to add/subtract fractions and decimals. Most of the questions dealing with decimals are about money. Also there are a few questions asking for averages, or as they call them on the test medians. I think if you half way payed attention during 9th grade you'll be ok on the math.
AlmightyPrincess3117 Posted - 26 April 2009 19:51  Show Profile
I got mostly everything wrong except math i got all math basically right its just science and history are the hardest ones for me. I think the boring stuff i fail lol is there a fun way to study for the GED exam???
JadaC Posted - 27 April 2009 12:9  Show Profile
yea i want to know how it will be too
tristinsmom Posted - 27 April 2009 15:43  Show Profile
Most of the answers for the history and Science sections can be found in the text. They'll give you a paragraph and then ask you a few questions about it. Trust me... I hate History/Social Studies and I got a 94 on that section of the test. Math was so easy I only missed one question. I got a 98 on the math and the Language Arts Reading. An 89 in Science and a 76 on the essay. I know I totally bombed the essay part but I only had 2 hours of sleep and I took it all in one day versus the two/four hour days. Essay was my last part and I was passing out while writing.
Nando84 Posted - 27 April 2009 22:45  Show Profile
This forum has been most helpful. I'm taking the test the day after tomorrow (Wed &amp; Thu april 28-29) and I was freaking out right now. But after reading the comments in here I got a little more confident. Thank you all! And I'l keep you guys posted about the questions so you can practice!</P><P>
EJohnson87 Posted - 17 June 2009 9:48  Show Profile
Thanks...That would be a smart thing to do..That was really helpful..God Bless.
luvlyfran Posted - 19 June 2009 10:3  Show Profile
Hi everyone, i found it really relaxing reading all the postings. I am preparing to take the GED tests (i haven't schedulled a date yet) anf like everyone else, i am really apprehensive! I have never felt like this before about any exam! Most especially is the math that really scares me, it has always been a challenge for me. Sometimes, i also do not understand the questions! this fustrates me cause i know that if only i can understand the question, making the right answer choice wouldn't be a problem. If there are any tips on any or all of my concerns, i will be very happy to hear them. Thank you guys and congrates to all of you who have written and passed yours and to those of you like me who are still waiting to test, goodluck!
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    -1- -2-

Show All Forums | Thread Closed