4Tests Forums

ForumsASVAB • Connecticut ASVAB Post ReplySend to a Friend
Author Topic
asvabtutorPosted - 25 December 2008 22:23  Show Profile
I tutor in the Hebron, Norwich, and Willimantic area. If you need help, let me know. I am a SGT in the CT Army National Guard and scored a 97 on my own test. My daughter scored a 90.
NAVY101 Posted - 15 January 2009 20:20  Show Profile
Yes, I need help in with vocab. and the arithematic reasoning on the asvab. I need your help.
asvabtutor Posted - 17 January 2009 11:31  Show Profile
Call me so we can make arrangements to meet. My cell phone number is 949-4206.</P><P>SGT Martinez
toxicatedboy Posted - 23 January 2009 0:56  Show Profile
wow 97?. cool. <BR>I scored 29 on my previous test on meps. my next appointment is on Feb 12. anyways, is this for real?. cause I need a tutor too. Im having a hard time on WK and GS. Im not american so Im totally not familiar on the Vocubulary words.
asvabtutor Posted - 25 January 2009 10:11  Show Profile
To get into the services, you need to get a good AFQT score. This score is made up of Word Knowledge, Math Knowledge, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Paragraph Comprehension. </P><P>Word Knowledge is the hardest because that is something you have to know. All the other sections you can find the answers in the questions. If you send me your email address, I can send you a word list. It has 100 words with 3 to 5 synonyms. Make flashcards with these and read them everyday -- word on one side, synonyms on the other. </P><P>As for Science, you only need to score decent IF you need it for the job you want. Don't stress over it if you don't need it. </P><P>Memorize your math formulas -- circle, square, triange, cylinder and write them down as soon as you are able to start the test. This way you have them when you get to the Math sections. You may think you know them, but after doing the other sections you may find that your brain is &quot;fuzzy&quot;. </P><P>Also, if you have absolutely no idea what the answer is, pick C and always C. If you guess all over the place, then you are playing Russian Roullette with your guesses. Picking one letter narrows down the chances. This is a tip I picked up from recruiters. Why C? I don't know, but guessing all over the place is not going to help.</P><P>Also, if you get distracted when reading, take the scrap paper and fold it in half and hold it over the screen so you can read one line at a time. I have one guy whose first language is Spanish and that helped him a lot.</P><P>Email me if you need anything else.
Smiley421 Posted - 27 January 2009 18:23  Show Profile
Hello, I'm in the Atlanta area &amp; need just a little help with some of the math section. If you don't mind could you tell me something that might help me out on the Arithmetic Part please. Thank you
asvabtutor Posted - 28 January 2009 13:59  Show Profile
Call me on my cell phone so we can discuss this (860) 949-4206.
njr015 Posted - 3 February 2009 2:39  Show Profile
Hi im joining the army and i have my asvab comming up soon... can u please seen my the 100 vocab word list you were talking about. my email address is nickolas.j.reuber@wmich.edu<BR>thank you
njr015 Posted - 3 February 2009 2:47  Show Profile
wow i just reread my last post and you can tell that ive been studying for 8 hours straight and that it is 4am. But could you please send me the 100 word vocab list. again my email address is nickolas.j.reuber@wmich.edu<BR>thanks
sinachack Posted - 3 February 2009 18:2  Show Profile
Wow your daughter scored a 90! Im takin my test on feb 12 also can you send me 100 vocab to my email john_23v@hotmail.com Thanks!
x6proph Posted - 4 February 2009 20:53  Show Profile
Hi, I need a tutor too. Im having a hard time on WK and AR. I would really appreciate the 100 world vocab list. I take the test Feb 12th.</P><P>My E-Mail : x6proph@gmail.com<BR>
x6proph Posted - 4 February 2009 20:55  Show Profile
Correction for above, 100 &quot;Word&quot; Vocab list.
toxicatedboy Posted - 8 February 2009 10:18  Show Profile
Hey. asvabtutor. help me here. could you please send me the 100 vocab words. heres my e-add. </P><P>portuniecho@yahoo.com</P><P>I will wait for that, thanks.
edubb21 Posted - 8 February 2009 12:13  Show Profile
Hi ASVAB Tutor, I could use some advise also. I'm trying to get into the Army ROTC Program I scored a 43 on my first ASVAB and need to raise my score to a 50 on my next try. Is there any advise you can give me? anything would help thank you</P><P><BR>
asvabtutor Posted - 8 February 2009 17:44  Show Profile
You have to focus on Word Knowledge, Math Knowledge, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Paragraph Comprehension. These are the four areas that make up the AFQT, of which you now need a 50. Without knowing what your weaknesses are, I can't recommend anything more specific.
edubb21 Posted - 8 February 2009 21:42  Show Profile
Hi ASVAB Tutor I would say my biggest weakness out of those four subjects would be both the math's. The mechanical and Electric stuff is pretty hard for me to, but if that doesn't contribute to the AFQT. Should I spend much time studying for it? and with the 43 am I really that far from a 50? I'm not sure how the scoring works, is it just like a couple more questions answered correctly? or am I still pretty far away from my goal? thanks again</P><P>Eric
Topic is 4 Pages Long:    -1- -2- -3- -4-

Show All Forums | Post Reply