4Tests Forums

ForumsACT, SAT & PSAT • SAT Thread Closed
Author Topic
sadensshPosted - 19 December 2002 22:49  Show Profile
I need help because i want to atleast make a 1000 on the SaT but the math part is getting me. Can anyone give me some tricks or tips to good on there
yq86 Posted - 19 January 2003 13:15  Show Profile
well..i took the SATs..and i got a bad score..but over 1000..the math part is the easy part for me...basically..if u get questions like..X and Y..and blah..subtitute x or y wit a number..it should be easier..and sumtimes u can just work backwards..by fitting the answer into the question and see if it works..thats a NO brainer..soo..yea! well..good luck! >_<
xxjadephirexx Posted - 19 January 2003 21:59  Show Profile
i took the psat and i scored pretty well in the math section (too bad i can''t say the same thing for the verbal)... anyway just start reviewing with pratice booklets and things like that. Its easier to raise your math score then it is your verbal score. (try this book: Up Your Score- The underground guide to the Sat ..... I just got it this weekend and i guarentee that you won''t fall asleep while reading it.
babybrttny1 Posted - 11 February 2003 10:27  Show Profile
I am taking the SAT this year too and i have found many sites to help me with the test. I just dont know about the whole test taking situation i get really nervous when i sit down at that table and am waiting to start. You dont know if you will get a good score or a bad score.
babybrttny1 Posted - 11 February 2003 10:27  Show Profile
I am taking the SAT this year too and i have found many sites to help me with the test. I just dont know about the whole test taking situation i get really nervous when i sit down at that table and am waiting to start. You dont know if you will get a good score or a bad score.
babygrl283 Posted - 17 February 2003 18:12  Show Profile
You should try www.doyourmath.com I have this little pamphlet on SAT tips...and it has that site listed to help understand math!
respath Posted - 22 March 2003 13:13  Show Profile
try this out --it helped many others<BR>respath@hotmail.com
rotimi Posted - 14 April 2003 10:13  Show Profile
you have to work harder
Jinglez Posted - 28 September 2005 3:45  Show Profile
I know that if i get a question wrong they deduct from my score. If i dont answer the question do they deduct from my score again?<BR>I think the math section isnt that hard but learning THAT many words for just like 25 questions ... that sux
kireiame Posted - 29 September 2005 21:18  Show Profile
I'm taking the sat in october for the first time. I am worrying about everything except math.
Jinglez Posted - 24 October 2005 12:1  Show Profile
im taking the sat on the 5th of november.But i have signed for the 3ed of December SAT also so im not that freaked out. I have a question though. I have heared that if you take the SAT 2 times, if you get,for example, higher math and lower verbal on the first SAT, and for example get higher verbal and lower math on the 2nd SAT, do the higher results combine? I mean will college board get my higher math and my higher verbal?
08clewis Posted - 14 November 2005 13:29  Show Profile
i need so help on my sat tests
rebelagainstacorrupt Posted - 27 November 2005 6:30  Show Profile
I think it helps to scheldule more than on test at a time...Like this time I'm getting books in the post to help me study the math and critical reading. ..if i get a pathetic score..I try SAT prep courses
Geniusgirl2 Posted - 30 December 2006 12:23  Show Profile
Its is very easy to pass the mth part. You should go to college board everyday and get the question of the day and it breaks it down and it tells you how to solve it and what you did wrong. Also you should take math practice tests 3 times a week to help build your math skills. Also you should go on the internet and get tips and strategies on how to do well on the math part, and buy an SAT practice book, you may say that it cost a lot but once you get accepted into college you would br glad that you brought it.
amirmohamadi Posted - 24 June 2012 4:26  Show Profile
That would be a great tip to just focus on the needed vocabulary for SAT.<BR>Good lUCK
gilliandunn8 Posted - 23 April 2014 2:47  Show Profile
If you really want to clear the exams like ACT/SAT then be patient and keep practicing hard and do not lose confidence.
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    -1- -2-

Show All Forums | Thread Closed