4Tests Forums

ForumsOther Exams • nclex for the 3rd Thread Closed
Author Topic
chrisjoyPosted - 22 May 2007 3:52  Show Profile
test anxiety is a big deal for me . i failed the nclex exam because of it, and now i feel there is no hope for me. what can i do to improve my test taking skills . trust me i tried Kaplan (good program learned a lot need more time) overall i now my S@$*but when it comes to exam anxiety gets the best of me . please help .
febella Posted - 30 June 2007 2:41  Show Profile
i have so much anxiety when taking test. i really need a new stradegy for taking nclex. please give me some advice.
pbhoyle Posted - 10 August 2007 20:39  Show Profile
I am getting ready to take my boards for the fifth time. I have never felt so dumb in my life. If I knew it was going to be this way, I would have never went to nursing school. I have test anxiety extremly bad, I am more of a hands on person. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do to get over my discouragement let me know, I really want to be a nurse someday!!!!!!!!!!
chrisjoy Posted - 11 August 2007 2:11  Show Profile
just about ready to go back and take the nclex for the 3rd time . my faith has carry me this far and i belive when it's god well it shall be done . it is! what is is!.my attuide has change i think more p[ostive , i have so much to be thankful for and i focus on my accomplishment beeing a single parent of 4 and growing tough. i know i'm here for a reason and what ever it takes i will succeed in my desire to be a register nurse. note you are not alone and F.Y.I request for special accomdation for your anxiety disorder it will make a difference .
chrisjoy Posted - 11 August 2007 2:18  Show Profile
just about ready to go back and take the nclex for the 3rd time . my faith has carry me this far and i belive when it's god well it shall be done . it is! what is is!.my attuide has for the better and i stay postive . i have so much to be thankful for and i focus on my accomplishment . i know i'm here for a reason and what ever it takes i will succeed in my desire to be a register nurse. note you are not alone and requesting for special accomdation for your anxiety disorder will help .
pbhoyle Posted - 6 September 2007 19:53  Show Profile
let me know how you do. I will take any suggestions
chrisjoy Posted - 14 September 2007 1:48  Show Profile
all i can say is i now my shit !! for the 3rd time i did not passed. everything was in my favor all of my pre- exam results from kaplan indicated that i am ready and i felt confident. but what the @@#$ happen. whats holding me back ? the computer shuts off at 75 q and i felt for the first time i did it . okay maybe i'm jumping the gun because i havent received my results as of yet nor have i seen my name on the web that has been 2 days in delay with results lets be realistic I took it 9/5. come on I should of had my results within 72hrs . why did i pick the week of a hoilday to go and take the nclex. 236, 209, and now 75 how is that possiable what are the odds of me doing worst when i was borderline the first 2 times. was i that horriable!! this makes me feel dumb. my heart ache and i feel confuse. I know i was prepare for nclex. everyone swears i passed but unfortunately the boards makes the finial decision, whether or not i passed or failed nclex. uncertain, all i can do is wait for my results in the mail praying for the small white envelope. GOD please if your listening help me get through this. anyone who has advise, suggestion or referrals please help.
Feliz1965 Posted - 14 September 2007 6:0  Show Profile
Honestly, there are people who are not good test takers. Nerves play a big role in negative test performance. Why not try testing yourself daily at home?

Time yourself at home when taking practice tests. People who become mechanical with exams get the best grades. To become mechanical means to pass the test in the time interval given.

So, if a test has 50 questions and the time given is 90 minutes, you need to take practice exams within that specific time interval.

Kaplan, Princeston, Sylvan and the rest know that there are people who simply cannot exceed in the exam room but they don't care about you because those people are in business and their number one goal is to make money.

You need to help yourself. You need to become mechanical.

chrisjoy Posted - 14 September 2007 9:35  Show Profile
i agree with you to some point. i did do question every day with q-bank and my results were 70% or better. regarding your statement about some people are not good test takers that is true. all my life i struggle with exam and i can put the time in and effort and only come up with a solid C"s my friends one day and they had a solid A with me resiteing the notes. all through nursing all i kept saying C = RN. I servive what keep me motivated i was one of the top 5 when it came to clinical skills i can do it with my eyes shut (superstar). now it hurts me to know i'm stuckin limbo knowing my potentials all i need is to do is pass the nursing boards . thank you for your advise and i will attemp the NCLEX again become mechanical I'll try.
tasrena Posted - 1 October 2007 19:17  Show Profile
Hey Chrisjoy, I too am on my way for my fifth attempt. gee, I think that person is right, and it could be knowledge, go back to the basic text books and see if that works. this is what i am doing right now, and taking tests every day.
pbhoyle Posted - 17 October 2007 17:56  Show Profile
so did you pass the 3rd time? You sounded pretty fustrated. I am getting ready to take the Kaplan review in Dec. adn then test again Do you think it is worth it. Did it help you. I am a total hands on person too, I hate Test!!!!!!!!!!
pbhoyle Posted - 17 October 2007 17:56  Show Profile
so did you pass the 3rd time? You sounded pretty fustrated. I am getting ready to take the Kaplan review in Dec. adn then test again Do you think it is worth it. Did it help you. I am a total hands on person too, I hate Test!!!!!!!!!!
pbhoyle Posted - 17 October 2007 17:59  Show Profile
At least I know I am not the only one taking my boards for the fifth time. I have been out of nursing school for two years and still not a nurse
chrisjoy Posted - 18 October 2007 0:17  Show Profile
SPEAKING FOR ALL OF US, AND HAVING TO REPEAT NCLEX FOR THE FOURTH TIME. I WILL NOT GIVE UP.THESE TWO LETTERS (RN) MEANS THE WORLD TO ME. UNTIL THE END I WILL FIGHT FOR WHAT I BELIEVE IS MY CALLING .I'M READY! WERE READY! SO BRING IT ON!!

Show All Forums | Thread Closed