4Tests Forums

ForumsGED • Wish Me Luck!!! Thread Closed
Author Topic
snowflakequeenPosted - 4 March 2007 20:23  Show Profile
I'm taking the GED test tomorrow, Monday March 5th!!!!

I'm taking part of it anyway.
I think I should do fairly well on it, but I'll need all the luck I can get to keep me from stressing out over it.

Lilu Posted - 5 March 2007 10:24  Show Profile
Good luck... come back and tell us how hard or easy or what you thought people should know about it!!
citolove2004 Posted - 5 March 2007 17:12  Show Profile
Good luck! let me know how you did and what test did you took, was it hard or easy and does it look like the practice test
snowflakequeen Posted - 5 March 2007 20:47  Show Profile
So far, for me anyway, the test itself seems to be pretty easy. I only took the Language Arts-Writing/Essay test and the Science test. I'm taking the last three next Monday. But if they were as easy as the first two then I'm not worried. I mean I was given 50 questions to answer in an 80min time slot for the Science test and I finished the entire test in 45mins. As long as you really read what your supposed to and pay attention to what your reading, don't just scan it then answer. It's basically 10th grade work, that's how it was for me anyway. I mean I've been home schooled form 6th grade until now, 12th grade. So everything is still pretty fresh in my head.
citolove2004 Posted - 7 March 2007 10:20  Show Profile
I'm taking the language,art @ reading next week would it be easier to take one at a time or all at the same time how you did on yours
snowflakequeen Posted - 7 March 2007 15:38  Show Profile
What do you mean..."would it be easier to take one at a time or all at the same time"?? Are you talking about taking the tests individually? I haven't completed the Language Arts-Reading test yet, just the Writing and the Science. As for the saving time, it all depends on how fast you can read and if you can comprehend and retain information on what you just read while reading fast. My reason for getting both tests done so promptly was because I took the SAT back in November. On the SAT they give you approximately the same number of questions with a much smaller time slot. Basically you had just under a min to read and answer the questions.
Before I try to answer you question in anymore detail, I have one for you.
Are you taking the test with a group of other people or are you taking it independently, by yourself
citolove2004 Posted - 7 March 2007 17:32  Show Profile
im taking the test by myself but i'm going to a school with a couple other people. its not easy to motivate your own self and yeah im taking one test at a time i mean when i pass one then i'll jump tp the next subject
snowflakequeen Posted - 8 March 2007 22:18  Show Profile
Okay, well I can try to answer questions/give advice the best I can.

I just want you too keep in mind that you don't need to race the clock on this test. Just make sure you carefully read everything before you answer, and if you're confused about something then re-read it. You may have just missed something the first time through. They give you a fair amount of time for a reason, make sure you use it if you need to.

Just don't try and rush yourself because that's when mistakes are made.

Like I said before, feel free to ask questions if you need to and I'll try and answer to the best of my knowledge.

citolove2004 Posted - 10 March 2007 8:40  Show Profile
thanks a lot it really helps i don't have to take the test until next thrusday and i think i'm over studying i took the pre test in school and i only had one wrong but when i take the practice one on the internet i get a lot of wrongs do you know about how many wrongs i could get?
snowflakequeen Posted - 11 March 2007 8:31  Show Profile
I'm not sure how many you can get wrong and still pass. I do however, know that a standard score of 410 on each test and an average score of 450 for the five-test battery is the minimum passing score. Now keep in mind, that doesn't mean you can get a 410 on all the test and still pass. You still have to get at least a 450 average score to completely pass the GED. Here are some good practice links for each subject that I found helpful....

Math....

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0809222329/student_view0/ged_practice_test.html

Science....

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0809222302/student_view0/ged_practice_test.html

Social Studies....

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0809222299/student_view0/ged_practice_test.html

Reading...

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0809222310/student_view0/ged_practice_test.html

The writing wouldn't work I think that site may be down for a little while. But see if those help some, when you finish each practice test you can check your approximate score. If I remember correctly the math site has flash cards that may come in handy if your having trouble with math. I can't remember how many of the others have flash cards. But anyway see if those help some.

Feliz1965 Posted - 11 March 2007 11:30  Show Profile
Did you past the test?

Guido

citolove2004 Posted - 11 March 2007 13:8  Show Profile
thanks alot for the tips i'll keep them in mind and let me know how well you did in your test.
snowflakequeen Posted - 11 March 2007 13:26  Show Profile
No I haven't finished taking the rest of the tests. I have yet to take Social Studies, Language Arts-Reading and Math tests. I'll be taking those tomorrow Monday March 12th, I'll remember to let everyone know how I did once I get the scores back.
snowflakequeen Posted - 12 March 2007 13:30  Show Profile
Well I finished the rest of the GED tests and I'll get my scores in about two weeks! =)
Xvslady Posted - 12 March 2007 14:7  Show Profile
I JUST WANNA SAY SNOWFLAKEQUEEN I WISH U ALL THE BEST, YOU ARE VERY INSPIRATIONAL, AND ALL THE TIPS YOU'VE GIVEN HAVE HELPED....
snowflakequeen Posted - 13 March 2007 11:3  Show Profile
Thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words. I'm just glad I could be of some help.
:)
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    -1- -2-

Show All Forums | Thread Closed